Dampers and Grit

Reaction score
Are people worried about the corrosive damage all the grit is causing to there dampers? Seen as though they are spraying literally tons of pot ash. Doesn't it help if the dampers are covered in lots of grease after they are rebuilt? Grit damages all cars anyways doesn't it. Can't imagine that the weather helps the paintwork.

Reaction score
Possibly on both counts but if you get too hung up on what damage external factors have on your car all the time it drives you mental and you wouldnt end up using it.

Not much we can do eh fella

Reaction score
I'm not bothered one bit, the council around me don't seem to be bothering gritting. I've passed a few gritters going the other way and haven't heard one bit of grit hitting the car as I've done in the past.

Reaction score
Clean everything meticulasly then give the shock a light coat of a waxoyl based product, that'll protect it. When i get mine refurbed i'm going to look into getting the casing shot blasted and powder coated while it's diss-assembled, then a coat of waxoyl to protect once they're back on the car.

Reaction score
Berty said:
I'm not bothered one bit, the council around me don't seem to be bothering gritting. I've passed a few gritters going the other way and haven't heard one bit of grit hitting the car as I've done in the past.

:lol: Good old North Wales gitters, exactly the same further west.

Reaction score
It is annoying though when you drive past a gritter and they get you. Pisses me off hate the horrible sound it makes.

Reaction score
Am with you on that one, i always wince when one flies past me.

Got myself some luuuurvely new zymol wax to treat 007 to once this ******g snow buggers off

Reaction score
It's worse when you get stuck behind one of the bloody things :twisted: