Clio 182 Trophy #368/500 - Mega Spec

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Well I’ve gone for £7100 hammer on the other one currently on the live auction Although I’m not sure now it will make that

This one is more difficult to guess due to its departures - I’m going £9850.

Anyone else willing to hazard a guess?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
13k + buyers fee

unbelievable attention to detail and work gone in Ash.

Good luck with the sale

Reaction score
All I’ll say is it won’t make what it deserves to. Personally I think Ash’s own ad sells it better than the CC one.

Reaction score
Still at £7600.
Hopefully it has a good run at the end as I’ve seen some proper crap Trophy’s go at this money and Ash’s car is in a different league to almost all others in terms of condition.

Cue it selling for low teens and everyone thinking their old Trophy is worth the same.
Certainly an interesting watch. ?

Reaction score
Does it have a value that has to be met ? If it sells for 8k ish then it'll be a real shame.

Reaction score
Does it have a value that has to be met ? If it sells for 8k ish then it'll be a real shame.

There is a reserve on it. I know Ash personally, not a hope in hell it will go for £8k that's an Insult imo.

The car is immaculate, and I mean immaculate!

Reaction score
Didn’t sell, assume the reserve was not met.
As I’ve said before absolutely stunning car & worth 15k all day to the right buyer. Just can’t help but think the mods are limiting the market with collectors wanting a low mileage unmodified cars [emoji17]

Really hope it goes to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Car is provisionally sold pending collection on Saturday.

It did not sell via CC auction, but a private sale instead after a viewing this morning.

I will leave it to the new owner to introduce themselves if they decide to do so.

Goes without saying that I will be very, very sad to see it go on the weekend, but it is going to a thoroughly nice chap who I have no doubt will cherish and look after it, which is really important to me. He plans to keep the car as it is too, which is great to hear given the work and effort that has gone in.

Ash

Reaction score
Good news and well done ?. It was always going to be an awkward one to judge as I put in a previous post, they always say there’s someone out there for everything, sounds like you found that person. Frankly I had my doubts given its departure from the standard car and the work involved for anyone who wanted a mint car but as a standard Trophy.

Good luck with your next venture whatever that may be

Reaction score
congratulations on the sale and it getting the price it deserved! Glad it is staying the way it is as it is probably how it should have come from factory to set it further apart from a regular 182. For someone like me who can't help to tinker with things your car is something I enjoyed looking at the build/images. Quick question, how did you like the BC racing coilovers vs the Sachs?

Reaction score
Congratulations on the sale Ash. The right person, will always pay the right price, for the right car. ;)

Glad it's going to a good home.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Glad to see it sold for you, disappointingly I never new there was another one near Portsmouth! Did it stay local?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi everyone,

I’m pleased to announce I’m the new proud owner of No. 368! ?

Firstly I just want to say a huge credit goes to Ash, who is an active member on this forum - this Trophy is immaculate!

OK, I appreciate the extensive modifications might not be to everyone’s taste and to be perfectly honest it wasn’t mine until I viewed the car. Absolutely superb, the attention to detail is first class.

Ash, I promise 368 is in safe hands and will continue to be looked after as it would be such a shame all your hard work goes to waste.

A bit about me. (optional ?)

I’ve been a registered forum member since August and have been on the look out for the right Trophy since I watched Harry Metcalfe’s excellent clip about the Trophy. Until then I was on the hunt for a standard 182, a car I nearly bought about 12 years ago to upgrade from a MK2 Clio 16v - which I loved at the time.

I’ve had a few cars over the years, ranging from a S2 Lotus Elise, 997, 350Z and back in the day a Saxo VTS and a Nova SR. ?? The opportunity to buy the best old school hot hatch ever made is one I just couldn’t resist.

I live in Kingston, but as a proud Welshman can’t wait to meet a number of you next year at the Welsh Weekender. ???????

Until then, stay safe and keep posting - it’s a great forum!

Thanks

Keith (No.368)

p.s. please rest assured, this will be the longest message I ever post!

Reaction score
Stellar purchase there fella. I was lucky enough to get a proper look around that car once ash had completed it and I agree. It’s beautiful.
Really pleased to see it’s gone to someone who appreciates a properly modified car and the huge amount of effort Ash went to in order to get it that way.
Best wishes Keith ??