Clio 182/172 bargain parts buys

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers for the heads up on this, looking to have a belt change done on the car soon.

Assuming there's VAT to pay on imports from the EU now.
Vat is included in the price at whatever the Polish rate is, 19% ?

There is no import duty or Vat to pay on entry to the UK.

Reactions: IRK
Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up on this, looking to have a belt change done on the car soon.
Not worth it mate I bought it and got hit with extra import charges because it’s from Poland

Reaction score
Agh! Out of curiosity, what did they charge you on top of the purchase price?
I think it was about 70 by ups. To be fair to the seller I did email him saying I’ll just return it as it wasn’t worth it and he refunded me £70 difference but can’t see him doin that on everyone

Reactions: IRK
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not worth it mate I bought it and got hit with extra import charges because it’s from Poland
How did you pay?

I think it comes down to the point of sale.

I always pay by Paypal, transferring funds from my credit card, and it appears on my statement as

RECURRENT PURCHASE 123456 EBAY UK

I have not purchased from Poland since 2020, but both purchases from Latvia this year have not attracted any additional Vat.

Strangely, a minor purchase of £7 from the Channel Islands did, though it was refunded when I questioned it.

I have had 2 2021 orders from Autodoc in Germany, in excess of £135 without additional VAT, but I notice they Invoice using a GB Vat number.
AUTODOC VAT NUMBER.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Budget rear calipers have been in short supply of late, but Autodoc now have stock of both sides, branded as KAMOKA.

Polish company / Chinese manufactured I believe.

Hopefully the rubber components are superior to the Ridex items I have bought previously, but then these are all priced at less than

certain brands of brake pad, so can be regarded as disposables !

77 01 204 847 Brake caliper, Repair kit OEM RENAULT, DACIA, RENAULT TRUCKS (autodoc.co.uk)

77 01 204 846 Brake caliper, Repair kit OEM RENAULT, DACIA, RENAULT TRUCKS (autodoc.co.uk)