Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

Reaction score
What is happening with the two passanger side sachs?
My drivers side is fine hoowever my passanger one has failrd so i might be interested in buying the one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What is happening with the two passanger side sachs?
My drivers side is fine hoowever my passanger one has failrd so i might be interested in buying the one.
Hi mate - the 'mismatched' set are being returned for a full refund (if they haven't already been returned). As things stand, BenG is currently out of pocket until the refund has been issued.

Reaction score
To avoid any doubt, all pairs have been sold and allocated, including a mismatched pair (in colour alone).

In addition, BenG received a single damper and was in discussions with the supplier to agree a way forward. I'm sure Ben will post or PM if there is a way to resolve the situation.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They’re currently sat in a box waiting to be shipped back to France. Collection of the dampers has been discussed but not yet finalised. If a decent offer can be made I may consider cancelling the collection. I’m current out of pocket with these so I’m open to offers.

Reaction score
Gutted missed out on this group buy, still got 182 Cup shocks on mine as Sach's need a rebuild at who knows how much :-(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gutted missed out on this group buy, still got 182 Cup shocks on mine as Sach's need a rebuild at who knows how much :-(

Just a cost you have to consider when buying the car. I would have loved to get in on this but would have been unfair considering i have a couple of pairs. Also I've been incredibly lucky to still be driving around on original unrefurbed dampers (touch wood) they have probably lost some performance but are still solid and un pinned.

Reaction score

Why don’t you look into buying the mismatched set mate? I’m pretty sure that Rik said it was possible to convert them to give you the matching pair. Ask him if it’s something that’s worth doing. It’ll only be one damper that’ll need the work.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I contacted the suppliers to hold off the collection, as no one has since confirmed that they would like to buy one I’ve now stated that I’d like to return them. They are being collected shortly for a full refund.

They will be available from the suppliers if anyone really wants one, I believe they have a few more for that side also.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also I've been incredibly lucky to still be driving around on original unrefurbed dampers (touch wood) they have probably lost some performance but are still solid and un pinned.

Seems I spoke too soon, car is finally getting some work done on her after sitting for a year and on lifting one has started to leak. I had a good run.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems I spoke too soon, car is finally getting some work done on her after sitting for a year and on lifting one has started to leak. I had a good run.
...you had to go and open your mouth... :p Not a bad run at all, though! :)

Reaction score
Distribution Status.

Please leave myself and BenG to update this list only.

1) BenG - Collected
2) Alanbrocks -
3) Greatwhyte -
4) Braddaz1 - Collected by Woozie
5) Mark -
6) 317T -
7) pete oconnor -
8) Woozie - Collected
9) L.rose47 - Collected
10) pj_sibley -
11) tucker220 - Collected
12) dawnc182 -
13) Some guy called Rik -
14) Big Dave - Collected
15) Mossyv6 - Collected
16) Andy Tims -
17) SharkyUK -
18) Claude - Collected
19) Phil Hart -
20) Jim Brown - Collected
21) Bay - Refunded
22) jmh93 -
23) Simon #31- Refunded
24) ipatters -

Reaction score
Ok...are there any sets left?by mis matched take it you mean 1 new & 1 used? Mine had been re-furbed once in October 2012 and need doing again as N/S leaking oil in June 2016 so been rocking cup front shocks since...

Reaction score
Ok...are there any sets left?by mis matched take it you mean 1 new & 1 used? Mine had been re-furbed once in October 2012 and need doing again as N/S leaking oil in June 2016 so been rocking cup front shocks since...

Unfortunately, but mid-matched, it means there’s 2 for the same side rather one for each side.

Your best bet will be a refurb.

Reaction score
Looks like they sold too :worried:

Potentially it might not have been anyone on the list though, as several sets sold before the group buy was finalised.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Though odd that the add is taken down almost immediately it's posted on here.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£1500 is ambitious and it's hugely disappointing if it is someone from the group buy considering those that missed out and also those that dropped out to let others have the chance.