Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Set of 2 Sachs front shock absorbers for clio 2 RS with sport chassis (center distance 54 mm) Separate cylinder shock absorber New product identical to that used on the Trophy version of Clio 2 Adjustment wheel not usable (rally legislation)

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 17.16.28.pngScreenshot 2021-01-30 at 17.17.30.png

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It appears they have front springs for the trophy. Anyone have any idea whether these are correct?

95532168f263e93e5631d797eaa5bdb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
after discussion with optimiz one of the measure on dampers give problem, as you can see on pdf, you have to know that original dampers are 96 mm insted of 102 mm on the new on, so it's not as easy as we can think, first hypotheses we have to drill only one new hole to find 60 mm than 54 mm but the dampers axes will not be in the place as an original, second hypotheses, we have to drill two new holes in order to have all the same measure as an original dampers but we have to be sure that the dampers chape hold in time under the constraint done by the clio. (to be confirm)
here after measurement done by optimiz

Attachments

• SACHS26012021.pdf
    739.1 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
in order to give some informations, to obtain the perfect configuration, the best way will be to drill two new holes and full the two hold holes.
i am thinking that group buy will not be interesting because i can't have sachs technical data, optimiz can't help me and the modification are more complicate to have the good configuration
optimiz doesn't propose warranty......

Reaction score
Trophy No.
in order to give some informations, to obtain the perfect configuration, the best way will be to drill two new holes and full the two hold holes.
i am thinking that group buy will not be interesting because i can't have sachs technical data, optimiz can't help me and the modification are more complicate to have the good configuration

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you for all your work looking into this. It still leaves the door open I guess for individuals to take this on. Its an option. Its as expensive, probably less to get the originals rebuilt.
Thank you again..

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for all your hard work with this @Dibois YANNICK

Reaction score
I guess a set for emergency spares should you ever need to go that road might be an idea. I know nothing about welding. My guess they might have to be pulled apart with the heat involved to modify them.

Reaction score
some different kind of welding are existing, and some of them don't create enough heat to damage the dampers.
for the moment i am thinking to refurbish my dampers......may be i funded a work chop able to do this near my home.
in the same time i am searching equivalent dampers.....i found 182 cup dampers to "BC RACING" or "VIAROUGE" or "KONI".....may be someone know other.......