Reaction score
bit a weird one, but here goes....

many months ago i had the bonnet catch replaced by renault under warrenty (basically, went for a service, got it back, bonnet wouldnt open etc etc!)

ever since this was done the bonnet doesnt quite 'sit right' - bonnet is slightly higher than the wings and there is a larger gap (not massive) above the grill - can push on the bonnet and it has a bit of movement.

any ideas how this can be adjusted?

Cheers

Reaction score
I used to be a panel beater for 8 years with Renaults so the best way to do it with clios is put some masking tape on the actual boonet catch the one on the slam panel. Then gently lower the bonner untill the striker puts a hole though the tape this will tell how off center the striker is from the catch! Undo the 2 10mm bolts that hold the catch in and position untill the stiket is going bang in the middle of the catch. Ths will help with alignment!
The next stage is if the bonnet is too high or too low is that on the end of the slam panel, both ends here is a bung that you can screw in or out which will in cause the bonnet to higher or lower!
Failing all of these it will be a case of un doing the bonnet hinge bolts and adjuster that way but its quite tricky that way and takes some paitence!

I would take some pictures of a how to do guide but a bit short of time!

Reaction score
Hmm can't you get Renault to fix their error? :?