Reaction score
Trophy No.
This was parked in the local Waitrose today, anyone any ideas what it actually is.

Attachments

• DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 523
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This was also there

Attachments

• DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 522
Reaction score
the top one is a Ferrari 166 MM from 1948, not to sure about the other one

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looks very like the 166 but sure it had a bmw badge.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not sure what the top one is but the bottom one i think is the mondial...modiel? can't remember but i'm sure it had a soft top version that i tried to get my dad to buy years back..... in hindsight it was a good decision as they were more fiat than ferrari.

Reaction score
My old man's on the case. His initial thoughts:

Johnny's dad said:
Don't know yet, if it isn't a special I will find out. Query Frazer-Nash of 1950s, but they are usually in better condition.

I like to give him little projects like this and he knows a thing or two about old cars, so let's see.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Johnnytheboy said:
My old man's on the case. His initial thoughts:

Johnny's dad said:
Don't know yet, if it isn't a special I will find out. Query Frazer-Nash of 1950s, but they are usually in better condition.

I like to give him little projects like this and he knows a thing or two about old cars, so let's see.

LOL stops us old uns from going a bit flakey.

It was very battered, i wish i had been able to get some better pix but i had to chase down the road as it was :lol:

Reaction score
Johnny's dad said:
Considered thoughts about the mystery car on the Clio Trophy website :

a) It is NOT a BMW - BMW have never made anything like that. So if it had a BMW badge, that might be meaningless.

b) It is NOT a Frezer Nash. (i) The style is not refined enough, and (ii) it has utterly the wrong wheels. In any case, there are so few Frazer Nashes that I can't believe any peasant would let his precious heirloom get in to such a state.

c) Those road wheels are horrible, and look like the typical Ford Popular type of wheels which indicate that the running gear is pure Ford Special.

Now let's hear if anyone can provide more authentic information.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just been googling. definitely not a Frazer nash as i said the badge had the bmw white and blue quarters with german writing around the outside, unless that's a red herring of course.

EDIT; think i'll take that back the Frazer-Nash archive/club is based 5 minutes down the road in Henley which is a bit of a co-incidence.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Frazer-Nash had some sort of tie in with BMW... not sure in what capacity but they both started out in aeroplane mft.

I remember one of my neighbours had a Frazer-Nash/BMW, going back decades..... well 20 years at least. He only brought it out for 5 weekends a year lol.

The BMW badge then could be authentic, looks like it's being restored and if they were out for a test run they may have put it on a spare set of wheels.

Also, the owners club celebrated the 70th anniversary of some guy called Fane breaking the land speed record in one at the end of Aug/ early sept. So there may of been a few about down there.....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
Frazer-Nash had some sort of tie in with BMW... not sure in what capacity but they both started out in aeroplane mft.

I remember one of my neighbours had a Frazer-Nash/BMW, going back decades..... well 20 years at least. He only brought it out for 5 weekends a year lol.

The BMW badge then could be authentic, looks like it's being restored and if they were out for a test run they may have put it on a spare set of wheels.

Yes thats right. I've emailed one of the guys with the pic, so we'll see.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL, probably the best we're going to get, not heard back from Frazer-nash. they probably took it as an insult. :lol: