Reaction score
Trophy No.
Scott, polish will make the car look better but offers no protection, once you polish you will need to seal the paint and then a good wax over that will get it looking great.
I know that all sounds like a chore but like Cue said Matt is very helpful and will be able to offer advice on some good easy to use products.

Reaction score
Something very easy to use & readily availible is AutoGlyms Super Resin Polish.
This combined with some wax (I know it should be sealed, but a PROPER clean can turn into a whole weekend from my experience) should improve things.

HTHs

Reaction score
Did my first wash last weekend. Then applied turtlewax Platinum Series Ultragloss wax using an orbital polisher, It's removed all the swirl marks and "holograms" and the paint work is completely smooth to the touch, plus it doesn't mark the black trims. Then applied Turtlewax Gloss Guard to protect the wax. A bit obsessive I know and had a few curtains twitching when I using the orbital polisher!

Reaction score
I wish I had the patience to do a full on job.

I wash and polish and I've lost the will to live by this time :?

Turini's arnt the easiest to clean either

Reaction score
dodo juice lime and prime and then orange crush . Its worth claying the car first to remove all the bonded contaminates .

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Drew196 said:
Forget all this messing about and get it permagarded :)

Permagard does not compare to a well waxed car.

i disagree, mine still looks polished 12 months since it was last done. For the first 3 months it cleans itself whenever it rains.

I don't think the trained eye could tell the two apart net alone the layman in the street, plus pg last a hell of a lot longer

Reaction score
Dont think there is anyone near me that does permagard machine polishing.
My mate has a machine polisher and he recons the stuff he uses lasts 12 months, maybe he uses permagard on his, i will have to ask him.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
scott said:
My mate has a machine polisher and he recons the stuff he uses lasts 12 months, maybe he uses permagard on his, i will have to ask him.

only PG themselves do the PG treatment, it's not like supagaurd who sell it to anyone.

Closest place to you i think would be Stockport. not exactly that close.....

Reaction score
Cue said:
scott said:

only PG themselves do the PG treatment, it's not like supagaurd who sell it to anyone.

Closest place to you i think would be Stockport. not exactly that close.....

Maybe its supaguard he uses then, still need to find out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
DaveTrophy said:
My car had supaguard on when I got it from Reno, it's pretty crap really

Not going to start this up again :wink: but i had supagaurd on my car from new and it was good, certainly not better than permaguard but if it's applied well it's almost as good.
Artdealer rates it and that would be good enough for me.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
DaveTrophy said:
My car had supaguard on when I got it from Reno, it's pretty crap really

Not going to start this up again :wink: but i had supagaurd on my car from new and it was good, certainly not better than permaguard but IF IT'S APPLIED WELL it's almost as good.
Artdealer rates it and that would be good enough for me.

Thats probably the key phrase there ^

The illegal immigrants who work as valeters at Reno applied it :?