Ash's Liquid Yellow 182

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,

I am sure a lot of you will remember my Black Gold 182 which I converted to full Trophy spec, for which I did a build thread on here... http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/threads/ashers-oem-bg-trophy-project.53018/

Anyway, as you can imagine I missed it like crazy, so set about looking for another 182. So I ended up buying a Liquid Yellow one back at the beginning of September.

Obviously it is not a Trophy, but I know and have met a fair few people from this forum, so just wanted to document the progress and changes to the car like I did with my Black Gold one. Hopefully everybody finds this ok.

So, here is the spec and modifications list as I bought it...

Recaro seats
RS Tuner 98-RON Map
Cooksport springs
Cup packs retrofitted (including hubs etc as it was not originally equipped with all Cup packs)
Sat Nav
Yozzasport exhaust
Powerflex bushes throughout
Black alcantara headlining
Alcantara pillars, trim pieces and handbrake surround
Snappy steering wheel with yellow 12 'o' clock band
Snappy gear gaitor with yellow stitching
Dials and switches changed to blue LED's
Extended heel and toe accelerator pedal
Inlet manifold and rocker cover painted in crackle black
SprayShack engine cover in Liquid Yellow
Trophy/V6 rear spoiler
Minor exterior mods (3/4 front plate, new style RS rear badge)

Paint is pretty much mint bar a few stone chips on the bonnet.

Few pictures when I got it back home on the drive...

IMG_4049_zpsgarh4rjm.jpg

IMG_4047_zps1e7kztlt.jpg

IMG_4041_zpsojddcyqo.jpg

IMG_4040_zpsze3mwhzt.jpg

In the first week of ownership, went to drive home from work one night and it wouldn't start. I feared the worst, but luckily it was just a dead battery, so a new one was fitted and everything was fine again.

The only problems I found in the first couple of weeks was a knock from the front somewhere, and three warning lights showing up most of the time (Traction control, Service, ABS). I had the car booked in with Mike at Rentech, and he fitted a new pair of good quality ball joints, sorted out the tracking, fitted a new brake pedal switch (this was faulty hence the warning lights being on) and re-gassed the air conditioning. Got it back and car drives good as new again so was very happy.

Whenever I went to put shopping in the back I had to hold the tailgate up with my head as the struts were not working at all. I had enough of looking like an idiot in the car park so ordered these...

IMG_3378_zps3hfp8ups.jpg

These are bonnet struts from a 1 Series BMW which are the exact same as the rear struts on a Trophy (I have a Trophy spoiler so needed the shorter Trophy/V6 struts). I now no longer have to balance the tailgate on my head! Result.

Decided the Yozzasport exhaust is a tad too loud for me as it is my daily car and I have a 30-40 min commute to and from work each day. Makes a lovely sound, but I wanted something quieter (as near to stock as possible), so ordered this...

IMG_4145_zpsfr4abmcf.jpg

A brand new Milltek resonated system (with central silencer). Also bought new genuine rear mounts, centre hanger, manifold to cat fitting kit and cat to centre section clamp.

Random picture of it having it's first proper clean...

IMG_4122_zpsjqyd6csd.jpg

And the first picture of it sat on my driveway where it was clean...

IMG_4134_zpsrdxn50ai.jpg

Then came the time to have the Milltek exhaust fitted by Mike at Rentech. Very happy with it, much quieter than the Yozza and the sound is just a tad sportier than stock which is exactly what I wanted.

Picture of it during fitting/aligning...

IMG_4149_zpsg0jluc6x.jpg

And all fitted and tightened up...

IMG_4152_zpslhypqmhx.jpg

IMG_4154_zpssibcxivr.jpg

Whilst having the exhaust fitted, I also discovered it has Powerflex bushes for the dog bone mount which was a nice surprise as I didn't realise it had these and was something I would have done at some point in the future anyway.

Cheeky picture of the engine bay...

IMG_4160_zpsqztgqwmn.jpg

And I tried to get a picture at night to show the blue LED dash conversion and Sat Nav. This is the best picture I could get, gives you a bit of an idea...

IMG_4146_zpsiak7cgss.jpg

Then last week, I bought a few bits for a general freshen up, consisting of:

Boot mat
Genuine Renault mats
Bosch aero front wipers
Genuine Renault rear wiper
Genuine Renault number plate lens with new LED bulb
Mist washer jets
Osram Diadem indicator bulbs for front and back
Osram Nightbreaker H7 (main beam) and 501 Cool Blue (sidelight) bulbs to match Xenons

Pictures of said parts...

IMG_4176_zpsoarawixc.jpg

IMG_4167_zpspmni2vkw.jpg

IMG_4169_zpslxd9habx.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
After fitting the above parts last weekend, I decided to give the interior a good clean, including taking out rear seats to be able to hoover properly. I used my favourite interior cleaning product, Poorboys Natural Look Dressing, and everything came up brilliantly.

Here are a few pictures to show how it came up, and how it looks with the new boot mat and new Renault mats (really smartened up the interior). I also took a picture of how the black alcantara headlining looks.

IMG_4190_zpspzdfizon.jpg

IMG_4192_zpsrmi7g8bw.jpg

IMG_4193_zps8jfqfet2.jpg

IMG_4194_zpsbd53iity.jpg

IMG_4195_zpsyrtpjihp.jpg

IMG_4200_zpsxgxs2cpx.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
And then onto today...

Firstly, a good friend of mine has a mint Trophy which sadly is looking like he is going to sell. He had his Turini's refurbished in a dark anthracite a little while ago, but he just recently bought another set of freshly refurbished Trophy Turini's in the OEM colour with PS3's all round last week, so he offered his other ones to me. I of course immediately said I would have them! Thank you Andy (Miller).

My standard 182 alloys had two PS3's on the front with not much tread, and two recently brand new Eagle F1 GSD3's on the back. So I ordered two brand new Eagle F1's, had these fitted onto the Turini's, and had the other two Eagle F1's swapped from my 182 alloys to the Turini's. This meant I ended up with a set of mint Turini's with basically 4 brand new Eagle F1 tyres.

Before collecting the Turini's, I ordered a set of TPI Polarised Wheel Bolts to be fitted at the same time...

IMG_4201_zpsketdii4d.jpg

I also got a new pair of bullets from Simon at SprayShack. Big thanks to Simon for a mega quick turn around on these! ...

IMG_4206_zpsanmop7eg.jpg

So yesterday I drove up to Swindon to collect the Turini's and have them fitted. Teaser photo...

IMG_4211_zps2hcpvd53.jpg

Then I spent the rest of yesterday cleaning the old girl ready for Goodwood Breakfast Club meet this morning. Here are some pictures from today, which include some before the show heading up to Goodwood, some of the car at Goodwood, and some from when I stopped off at the top of Portsdown Hill on my way home.

It was a really good morning at Goodwood (although it was cold!), and it was good to see so many other Clio Sport's out for the morning!

P1010782_zpsnrlq072k.jpg

P1010785_zpsynpj4gsm.jpg

IMG_4220_zpstvmf0jo8.jpg

IMG_4222_zpsqxz79wcy.jpg

IMG_4221_zpsiplyrnr3.jpg

P1010797_zps5bctqwon.jpg

P1010799_zpsj1xq1iqf.jpg

P1010801_zpslfpifsdo.jpg

P1010795_zpsfiz1jfeo.jpg

IMG_4226_zpsffsdwfso.jpg

IMG_4224_zpsyewrglb8.jpg

P1010821_zpssetcoswd.jpg

P1010822_zpsx5hnwvml.jpg

P1010831_zpsblk56jbz.jpg

To say I am happy with how she is currently looking is an understatement! Only thing I am currently wanting to change is the front grille for a new one, mine is a bit discoloured, but aside from that I am over the moon with the Clio.

That's all for now, and brings me right up to date.

Ash

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It is lovely Ash.. But between this and the BG one you must have spent way more than getting a Trophy in the first place.. Do you not like Red ?

Reaction score
Great effort - LY with factory Recaros and Sat Nav - that's a super-rare spec!

All through your posts all I was thinking was, "needs Turinis" then Andy comes up trumps. Another fine example, well done.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats a SWEET colour...
Always liked the Liquid yellows....
You cant keep a good serial Renault Sport improver down...

Just a pity its not a "real" Trophy....:wink::wink::wink:

Reaction score
Oh and hold off on the grille I may have one of those as well. I feel a garage clean out coming along.

GPH

Reaction score
That looks fantastic well done. not OTT. I have a LY Clio and have been thinking about changing the steering wheel, gear lever gaitor and hand brake cover stitching to yellow as a subtle link to the outside and having seen this think it is perfect.

Reaction score
Looking great. How does the Milltek compare to the Orbisoud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers for all the kind comments guys.

That looks fantastic well done. not OTT. I have a LY Clio and have been thinking about changing the steering wheel, gear lever gaitor and hand brake cover stitching to yellow as a subtle link to the outside and having seen this think it is perfect.

Thanks a lot. Yes they do look really good, subtle and not OTT. It is looking like I will be buying an aftermarket suede wheel to fit within the next week or so, so this wheel will be up for sale if you are interested. Just drop me a PM if so.

Looking great. How does the Milltek compare to the Orbisoud?

Thanks Mark. Milltek is a good system, but I think the Orbisoud sounded that little bit better. I do miss having an Orbisoud! That is the one thing I would like on this car.

Reaction score
Wow, what a stunner great work, looks awesome. Got Milltek on #414 and love the exhaust note :)