ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! Why do some people have no compassion?

Reaction score
My mate killed himself wednesday nite and his funerals next friday. now i go to my new manager and ask her if i can go to it for an hour and come back. what does she say NO!. f**king jumped up tramp bag lady!! i hope SHE dies a long painful death 2nite!!! f**king fat smelly b**ch that looks like a cleaning lady. i hope she crashes 2nite. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

sorry for that guys :oops: . rant over. i need a damn beer. and a vodka as well.

Reaction score
Order of inportance:(me thinks)

1. friends and family
2. house and car
3. having a good time
4. work

tell the bi'atch you'll be going to your mate's funeral wheather she likes it or not and to stop you would be moraly wrong.

Reaction score
That's terrible, I would take more than an hour an hour off if my friend had died, especially so tragically.

Tell your boss she that it is not unreasonable to take an hour off work for compassionate leave and that if you took it up with the european court of human rights, she would find herself in a world of shit. Then call her a fat cow and hang up.

Reaction score
Go above her, or go to your personnel dept.

But either way i would be there, you only get 'one' chance in life to do somethings & this is one of them.

You will live the rest of your life thinking 'i should of been there'

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
by law she can't make you work - euro union statute about compasionate leave in such a circumstance.

take the day off - if she wants to persue you for a warning tell her that's no problem , you'll consult your lawyer about it and she'll shut up and give you space.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope you're ok.

Like everyone said, go to the funeral. She shouldn't be able to stop you in such circumstances. Maybe send her an email so that you have something in writing should you wish to take it further.
I wouldn't call in sick though. Just because that could go against you. I'd just email her to say that you will be attending a funeral ( don't ask, just say you're going) and therefore you won't be in for say a period of time.
Three members of my family died in Feb, and I never asked permission not to be at work. I just said to my boss I had to go back to France, and that was it. Sod work, she could have sacked me I wouldn't have cared less tbh. I was off for most of Feb yo-yoing to France.

I hope it all goes well. Audrey x

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind words guys. She still hasnt said nething yet cos i actually went over head and spoke to a manager higher than her, which incidentally used to know my mate as well. so basically i should be hearing back today or tomorrow. did have a drunk weekend to raise a glass to him, so feeling a lot better than when i posted this topic. Will let u guys know whats happening in the next couple of days as im struggling to find time to get on to the site. Thanks again everyone.

Reaction score
Fish said:
Thanks for all your kind words guys. She still hasnt said nething yet cos i actually went over head and spoke to a manager higher than her, which incidentally used to know my mate as well. so basically i should be hearing back today or tomorrow. did have a drunk weekend to raise a glass to him, so feeling a lot better than when i posted this topic. Will let u guys know whats happening in the next couple of days as im struggling to find time to get on to the site. Thanks again everyone.

Good luck with that, friends are the most important thing in life along with family, everything else is replaceable.