Another Trophy hit's the Market at over 20k

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well put Ed as usual - it’s definitely in all our interests to keep the values as strong as they can be - but I do see both sides. I’ve now attended quite a few Classic car sales just to get a handle on what is people’s perception of a nice car and how they’ve being described, one car that springs to mind was a Clio Williams 1 that was at the Silverstone NEC sale last November - Unrestored car ?? Does had more paint then Humber Bridge count as Unrestored and not a great job (full paint needed in my view) - the roof was bent and rippled which probably would need a roof skin to rectify - thousands still to spend to renew parts needed - if you could find them that is - Northy the Williams Legend told me most are un-buyable.

So in this instance I think they have got hung up on the 57000miles and low owners.

other instances is what this car makes which looks stunning after having a full restoration - however it had done 129000 miles and had 5 owners before the process of making it like new - estimate 30k

Every car has to be taken now on its own merits which is what I got told on my first post on this forum.

In the case of No63 - If I didn’t get it at such a low price it may have not been unjustified to spend the amount of money that I’ve spent so far (9k) - however the 1 owner status spurred me on - but I know the 83000 miles is not everyone’s cup of tea and would put people off.
Is a Williams a better car than the Trophy? I think I have previously mentioned value & hype (Fiat Panda 4x4). Keeping Trophy’s away from Collecting Cars for a while would be beneficial for prices and limiting supply.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A few extra owners can be a good thing as they get older as each owner can do a little bit more to keep them pristine.
I’d always consider mileage, restoration and history between owners as many will just be collectors now with goals to make perfect.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Only using it as a real life example Graham of two similar cars - not saying 1 is better than the other.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
One for you here Graham - special car that can only increase in value - estimate a little low in my opinion for a 35k - 2 owner car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
One for you here Graham - special car that can only increase in value - estimate a little low in my opinion for a 35k - 2 owner car.

Yes, seen it Nick. A few bits to put right but a good car,. As with a Trophy they have to have the important bits, in this case a QS with Poles is worth £2k more than one without.

I hope to watch the auction next weekend, there is also an auction in the North East that has Bill Wymans Ferrari 400 for sale?

Going back to the TT auction, perhaps the guide is a bit low to attract punters?

Reaction score
Yes, seen it Nick. A few bits to put right but a good car,. As with a Trophy they have to have the important bits, in this case a QS with Poles is worth £2k more than one without.

I hope to watch the auction next weekend, there is also an auction in the North East that has Bill Wymans Ferrari 400 for sale?

Going back to the TT auction, perhaps the guide is a bit low to attract punters?

Oh that looks pretty nice,what do you reckon it needs GrahamO?

The Recaro Pole's really make the interior.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh that looks pretty nice,what do you reckon it needs GrahamO?

The Recaro Pole's really make the interior.
Let’s make a start. I am not saying that it’s suspicious that the car has only done 70 miles in the last 9 years without an MOT, that is for the purchaser to decide. Did we have a similar car on here?

What can we glean from the photos?
Missing strut cap
Corroded charge pipe and retaining nuts
Missing engine trim fastenings
Oddly placed warning stickers on the seat shell
Flattened seat cushioning
Fuzzy Alcantara
Odd pedal covers?
Some underfloor jacking damage?

Does all of the above sit well with you? A thorough inspection required before bidding?

It may well be a great buy for someone, I hope so.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another Trophy has hit the market this week at over 20k - seems a hard price point at the minute to achieve as some have been up for some time.

Maybe the weather change in spring may bring some more buyers out ???

I think I would have painted the door handles and boot lock surround first before advertising it - however each to there own.

http://www.queensservicestation.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1389

Been to see this one as it's very local to me.

This looks the best value to me with 44k on the clock - (Dawn's old car)

same miles as above and another 7k - not sure why ???

The £27995 car at Milleneium Hero's is now showing sold - I'd like to know what they got for it ???

Great New's though if it's Sold somewhere around that price point.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Depoist now taken on Dawn's car - another 20k car sold which is good news - maybe it's the start of the Buying season.

Reaction score
I do wonder what mine would be worth if i put it up for sale (not that im planning on selling as i love driving it). 45k and im the 2nd owner. I think it would be a hard sell due to the mods/non originality.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Your car does look amazing Bridsy, I had a read through yesterday. I guess it's just a case of finding the right buyer when it's been moded. The outside still looks very stock (to my less trained eye) and the mods are done so well, that they look like they are original!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure there is someone out there that will appreicate all what you have done to your T- and like Rich say's it still looks like it should until you open the bonnet.

I'd bet you would be surprized by the amount of interest it could create if it ever did come to the market.