Reaction score
That is such crap! You've only been here for a week!
Since you're not paying I'd go the 'official' OEM Renault route. Whether or not they are actually better though is another story.

Reaction score
Remember that you don't have to use the garage the insurance company recommend - they're only recommending them because they give a good deal! I'd perhaps go through Renault - they might subcontract it to the same place, but I think they'd have more clout with the people doing the work if anything needs rectifying.

Hope it's all sorted out soon!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. At least your family are OK (a car is always replaceable).

Go with the official Renault paint shop. That way you know you are getting the right colours - not a blend.

Cheers
O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mate, gutted for you. I can't stress this enough - confirm what happened in writing to yours and his insurers. If there are no independant witnesses he could turn around and say "there wasn't an accident", even after initially admitting fault. 10 mins of a job could save a lot of agrivation later.

Also, don't go near insureance approved places - they work on tiny margins and I gurantee the job will be 2nd rate, you not notice it at first but when the rust sets in in a year or so you'll understand what I mean.

By law you have the right to use who you want so I'd be vetting some good body shops - from memory you've got a couple of vg ones around burnley/bury areas. One of them does quite a bit of work for the porsche owners club!!

I had almost the same experience pre xmas - some twat ina flatbed reversed into me, tiny amount of damaged but enough to warrent a new bonnet. Exchanged insurance details there and then, he appologised and said "my fault" now they're denying they were even in that area... wankers. Fortunatly I got their insurance details and I had a witness, these bricky's aint all that clever :wink:

Reaction score
avoid insurance places in my opinion. when my last one was written off the insurers 'approved repairer' was in my opinion a posh pikey yard - i would never have been happy with them repairing the car and doubt they would have been able to repair it to a standard i would have been happy with.

as already stated, you have the choice as to who repairs your car

Reaction score
DO NOT LET IT GO TO AN INSURANCE APPROVED PLACE!!!!!!!!!! (swear)

Find the best bodyshop in your area, then TELL your insurance it's going there.

Otherwise you may regret it.

Not having much luck are you :(

Reaction score
Totally gutted for you mate, but like someone said at least the kids are alright. Having owned 473 a couple of weeks I know how you must be feeling.
I'd take the route of main dealer for your repairs, working at one myself ( not Renault) I know what lengths our bodyshop will go to if there are any problems or your not happy with the repair. Also the Renault bodyshop will be contacted to only supply and fit original parts where as an insurance approved one will be working to a margin and will cut corners if needs be.
Once again really sorry mate.

Reaction score
Didn't realise your not too far from me, I live near Stockport. I work for an official Porsche centre and I know our bodyshop's spot on. They're approved by Porsche, Ferrari and Bentley, I don't know whether it's worth giving them a try.