5k kick smoothed out after acoustic removal

Reaction score
did everyone else have this?

does this mean the valve only fully opens at 5k and as such its removal has spread the torque around the rev range more?

or am i talking ballacks?

Reaction score
not entirely sure!!

it apparently restricts airflow (via ecu and determined by speed or revs i guess) to comply with EU noise regs, obviously its removal ensures a derestricted air supply to the engine (good) at all times.
Theres a thread/post and guide on here if u do a site search, took me 1hr ish (i'm pretty handy but no mechanic :wink:).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if you know what your doing it shouldn't take more than 30 mins really.

i think it's an assumption that's it's about EU noise regs but we've never had any other ideas put forward and certainly it doesn't compromise performance. As the exhaust put out 90+ db - more than the engine unless at full cry then it makes no difference to the actual result in terms of noise increase.

saves around a kilo of weight also.

Jay

Reaction score
Took mine off at the weekend and then decided to take the entire airbox out as my mate gave me his spare HKS "mushroom" induction kit.

Car sounds the absolute dogs nuts now and deffinately seems to have more power.

Reaction score
Yeah have removed mine but i honestly can see much difference with it off! But then coupled with a few other mods i suppose you wont!