Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Deano, but you're losing one baby to gain another that I'm sure will be infinitely more rewarding! Good luck with the sale (and fatherhood).

Reaction score
Car looks very well looked after....good luck with the sale :wink:

All the best with the little one too :D

Reaction score
Reminds me of an advert i once read on autotrader:

"Totyota Supra 3.0 twin turbo, 350bhp, no expense spared sub 4.o to 60. Girlfriend forgot to take pill gutted".

Reaction score
Sub 5 second maybe, it would have to shed at least 450kgs to achieve sub 4 with only 350bhp. Sorry, yes that's very funny.

Reaction score
Sold. Part exchanges for a Skoda Octavia VRS (Petrol) Estate.

Think the #403 is destined for Steve at allvehicles. No doubt he'll mention the forum to the new owners. I dare say he will tell them what a wonderful car they are getting for the money as well!

Oh, and the baby arrived.

Reaction score
Deano said:
Sold. Part exchanges for a Skoda Octavia VRS (Petrol) Estate.

Think the #403 is destined for Steve at allvehicles. No doubt he'll mention the forum to the new owners. I dare say he will tell them what a wonderful car they are getting for the money as well!

Oh, and the baby arrived.

Congratulations, my gf's best friend just had a baby girl, half an hour ago.

You won't be disappointed with the Octavia, they are really good cars, the guy running one on the EVO test fleet said he couldn't think of any cars that would be quicker on a certain stretch of b road he frequents. I got demolished by one in the IoW but I still maintain he had his chipped!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
Can't believe it didn't sell private, there are lots of people looking at present????

Finally got to speak to the service manager at Masters(where i bought the car) yesterday, explained i got a trophy from them and before i could say anything else he butted in with "do you want to sell it" :?

Reaction score
There were a few private buyers intersted (three in total) but I got a good deal on the part exchange which made it a no-brainer.

The Octavia is rapid but it looses out in the bends. You Trophy owners are spoilt when it comes to going round corners. I took the Octavia in to an island at about 50mph and the understeer was alarming. The Trophy would have screeched a bit but held it and you would have been able to power out of the bend. With the Octavia I needed a few seconds to calm myself, mop my brow and then get the power down.

(Actually, the Octavia is not as bad as I make out. I am just comparing it the the most fun car I have ever owned!)

I hope my son appreciates to sacrifice.