Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
Any old scrote can go and buy a Trophy or a 182 or a ctr on finance and do their traffic light races and go on and on about the reviews it gets. No one can ever own a better clio williams than mine, as its the first UK one off the production line. I could however go out tomorrow and buy a mint 205, as there are still lots about.

That's incorrect, 0001 was before 0002, can you not count? Just because 0001 isn't around anymore it doesn't change the fact that it came off the line before 0002.

Bit of advice, dont argue with me about the history of the Williams, as you will lose. 0001 is ldh. Hence its NOT a UK car. Hence when i said first UK car to come off the production line, i was in effect right, and when you argued with me, you were technically pretty wrong.

Have a nice day. :p

I think you'll find I was refering the UK 0001 which obviously came before 0002.

I made no reference to Sir Franks LHD 0001 which is going to auction.

G

Yes.....funny in much the same way as stabbing yourself in the legs is funny, im really really bored of this guy, why people give him the attention he so desperately needs is beyond me. Blah blah williams is better, blah blah blah i know everything, its like listening to a broken record, i once asked about the possibility of added a person blocking feature, every time i see anything by this guy i wish we had it. Anyway i cant stop i have to go to the ferrari owners club site and tell them that the F430 is a big pile of shite and the Testarossa is far superior.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Thirdly. You say a williams will never be worth thousands in one sentence, then in the next say you can get one for a grand, which by definition is thousands. So how can we trust anything you say when you cant even string an argument together. :roll:

While we are being pedantic mate, a grand is NOT thousands. a grand is 1 thousand, the "s" on the end of "thousands" implies plural. So I believe that you are completely wrong and had better make sure you are in fact right before slating others. :roll:

Reaction score
Lee said:
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":xwca2qx9]
OliS said:
Definately, because the ITR is an import only and the insurance is too steep. I agree with you that they are cheap, but surely that is a good thing that you can get such performance for so little money!?! Anyway if they were cheap but crap they would not have sold in such massive numbers.

If the ITR was a uk spec car availble for £12k new, it would be a dilema, but it isn't, and if Honda was to produce the ITR for £12k it would not be the same car that it is now!

Additionally, I love Renault hot hatches, the Trophy is my third in a row, and I even persuaded the missus to buy one, they handle differently to Jap cars, and in my experience are better suited for British roads.

On a different note, does it hurt that when the Trophy is compared to the greatest hot hatch ever, people compare it to the 205 gti rather than the Williams?

Did i say the car was crap? I said it was popular because its cheap. Simple economics. Cheap things sell in higher volumes. Thats why they are cheap. :roll:

I agree the 205 gti is a pretender for the best driver hot hatch of all time. Its a different car to the Williams. The 205 is very knife edge in its characteristics, wheras the Williams is very sure footed. So it depends what you want from a car. There is no doubt the Williams is quicker cross country.

The reason i like my Williams is because spotty little shits will never be able to afford to buy one and keep it in the condition i keep mine. It takes alot of effort and money to maintain them. So its exlusive.

Any old scrote can go and buy a Trophy or a 182 or a ctr on finance and do their traffic light races and go on and on about the reviews it gets. No one can ever own a better clio williams than mine, as its the first UK one off the production line. I could however go out tomorrow and buy a mint 205, as there are still lots about.

I dont buy these cars to drive quickly, i buy them as i like restoring cars and i like rare things. If i wanted a fast car id go and buy a P1, then when i met a trophy, the driver may start to comprehend what a proper car can do.

Buying a trophy to go fast seems a bit of a waste of cash to me personally.

So i dont care no. :p

That's interesting logic. :?

With that thinking anyone can buy a beat up old Williams and restore it to better condition than 0002 with £15k.

Yeah of course they could. But people dont, so my car remaind exclusive.

Do you think that could because a car of that age becomes something of a money pit where only the very dedicated are prepared to put the time, money and effort into maintaining it?[/quote:xwca2qx9]

Person a spends 250 a month on finance / loan repayments.

Person b spends 250 a month on restoring a classic.

Which is worth more after 10 years? :p

Reaction score
Lee said:
King Stromba said:
Lee said:

That's incorrect, 0001 was before 0002, can you not count? Just because 0001 isn't around anymore it doesn't change the fact that it came off the line before 0002.

Bit of advice, dont argue with me about the history of the Williams, as you will lose. 0001 is ldh. Hence its NOT a UK car. Hence when i said first UK car to come off the production line, i was in effect right, and when you argued with me, you were technically pretty wrong.

I think you'll find I was refering the UK 0001 which obviously came before 0002.

LOL, just goes to show how little you know about the Williams. They were sequentially numbered from 1 to whatever. No numbers were repeated between the european market. Ie 0001 is the only 0001 and is lhd. 0002 is the only 0002 and is rhd. 0007 happens to be lhd and 0006 rhd. There arnt 2 of any number. (except in argentina, where they had their own numbers, but not the same williams, and the swiss champion, which again is a different williams). Japan also had a limited run of cars, but again not the original williams.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:

Logically that cannot be answered.

For example Person A could have bought a Ferrari F430 and taken a loan out for 2 thousand pounds as the deposit was slightly shy, and Person B could be trying to restore a rusting "classic" piece of sh!te with gold wheels and is losing more money on depreciation than they are spending... for example.

Reaction score
Paul D said:
Yes.....funny in much the same way as stabbing yourself in the legs is funny, im really really bored of this guy, why people give him the attention he so desperately needs is beyond me. Blah blah williams is better, blah blah blah i know everything, its like listening to a broken record, i once asked about the possibility of added a person blocking feature, every time i see anything by this guy i wish we had it. Anyway i cant stop i have to go to the ferrari owners club site and tell them that the F430 is a big pile of shite and the Testarossa is far superior.

I cant read this i have my block feature activated. Is it important?

Reaction score
strike said:
King Stromba said:

Logically that cannot be answered.

For example Person A could have bought a Ferrari F430 and taken a loan out for 2 thousand pounds as the deposit was slightly shy, and Person B could be trying to restore a rusting "classic" piece of sh!te with gold wheels and is losing more money on depreciation than they are spending... for example.

Im not a bank manager but i dont think youll get a ferrari for 250 a month mate. :p

Reaction score
Chaps, as potentially annoying as Strombas posts maybe, he doesn't insult you...

Reaction score
strike said:
King Stromba said:
Thirdly. You say a williams will never be worth thousands in one sentence, then in the next say you can get one for a grand, which by definition is thousands. So how can we trust anything you say when you cant even string an argument together. :roll:

While we are being pedantic mate, a grand is NOT thousands. a grand is 1 thousand, the "s" on the end of "thousands" implies plural. So I believe that you are completely wrong and had better make sure you are in fact right before slating others. :roll:

When i went to school:

1 zero = 'tens'
2 zeros = 'hundreds'
3 zeros = 'thousands'

:p

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Im not a bank manager but i dont think youll get a ferrari for 250 a month mate. :p

I agree, but I didn't say that...

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
When i went to school:

1 zero = 'tens'
2 zeros = 'hundreds'
3 zeros = 'thousands'

:p

So 1000 is thousands? I think not... but I see what you are trying to say is that the generic category for the group of numbers with 3 zeros is called thousands. Thats because there is more than 1 integer that falls into this category, hence the plural, thousands. Chap, you are wrong. In all fairness, I don't think you need to be bickering with me...

Reaction score
You know what I meant by 1000 and 1000's so why try and make a argument out of it.

And why do you presume everyone brought their Trophy on finance?

Lee

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":249qi5g8]
Lee said:

LOL, just goes to show how little you know about the Williams. They were sequentially numbered from 1 to whatever. No numbers were repeated between the european market. Ie 0001 is the only 0001 and is lhd. 0002 is the only 0002 and is rhd. 0007 happens to be lhd and 0006 rhd. There arnt 2 of any number. (except in argentina, where they had their own numbers, but not the same williams, and the swiss champion, which again is a different williams). Japan also had a limited run of cars, but again not the original williams.[/quote:249qi5g8]

Thanks for clearing that up for me, my life is now complete.

Reaction score
Lee said:
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":32xe1afb]
Lee said:

LOL, just goes to show how little you know about the Williams. They were sequentially numbered from 1 to whatever. No numbers were repeated between the european market. Ie 0001 is the only 0001 and is lhd. 0002 is the only 0002 and is rhd. 0007 happens to be lhd and 0006 rhd. There arnt 2 of any number. (except in argentina, where they had their own numbers, but not the same williams, and the swiss champion, which again is a different williams). Japan also had a limited run of cars, but again not the original williams.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, my life is now complete.[/quote:32xe1afb]

No problemo

Lee

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":aej6yuw1]
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":aej6yuw1]
OliS said:
Definately, because the ITR is an import only and the insurance is too steep. I agree with you that they are cheap, but surely that is a good thing that you can get such performance for so little money!?! Anyway if they were cheap but crap they would not have sold in such massive numbers.

If the ITR was a uk spec car availble for £12k new, it would be a dilema, but it isn't, and if Honda was to produce the ITR for £12k it would not be the same car that it is now!

Additionally, I love Renault hot hatches, the Trophy is my third in a row, and I even persuaded the missus to buy one, they handle differently to Jap cars, and in my experience are better suited for British roads.

On a different note, does it hurt that when the Trophy is compared to the greatest hot hatch ever, people compare it to the 205 gti rather than the Williams?

Did i say the car was crap? I said it was popular because its cheap. Simple economics. Cheap things sell in higher volumes. Thats why they are cheap. :roll:

I agree the 205 gti is a pretender for the best driver hot hatch of all time. Its a different car to the Williams. The 205 is very knife edge in its characteristics, wheras the Williams is very sure footed. So it depends what you want from a car. There is no doubt the Williams is quicker cross country.

The reason i like my Williams is because spotty little shits will never be able to afford to buy one and keep it in the condition i keep mine. It takes alot of effort and money to maintain them. So its exlusive.

I dont buy these cars to drive quickly, i buy them as i like restoring cars and i like rare things. If i wanted a fast car id go and buy a P1, then when i met a trophy, the driver may start to comprehend what a proper car can do.

Buying a trophy to go fast seems a bit of a waste of cash to me personally.

So i dont care no. :p

That's interesting logic. :?

With that thinking anyone can buy a beat up old Williams and restore it to better condition than 0002 with £15k.

Yeah of course they could. But people dont, so my car remaind exclusive.

Do you think that could because a car of that age becomes something of a money pit where only the very dedicated are prepared to put the time, money and effort into maintaining it?[/quote:aej6yuw1]

Which is worth more after 10 years? :p[/quote:aej6yuw1]

Person A buys a Trophy outright and it costs him nothing more than insurance and servicing from then on, he/she spends the money he's/she's not spending keeping it running on going out, petrol, trackdays and holidays abroad.

Person B spends all his/her spare time trying to source genuine parts just to keep his/her car running and in original factory condition. This consumes his/her existence and can no longer live a normal life. :lol:

Also, in 10 years time the Trophy will be a classic, I have no doubt about that at all, and neither do certain journos. :wink:

Lee

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":z25d207c]
Lee said:
[quote="King Stromba":z25d207c]
Lee said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, my life is now complete.[/quote:z25d207c]

No problemo[/quote:z25d207c]

That makes me the winner as I've learned something. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.