Reaction score
Trophy No.
I work for a printing and coding company as a research and development engineer.

Reaction score
I originally did an accountancy degree, strangely enough I found it really dull and clicky. So I jacked it in and have been working in a warehouse for the last six years on nights lol. Ive just lost my job yesterday, so Im at home relaxing. Im not upset, as I had to work my nads off and never had a social life. I need an "out of the ordinary" job to suit my personality. Round Herts, any ideas? Anyway, happy days. :?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a new job since last time. I'm now a Wind Turbine Technician.

I Farm Wind. :)

Reaction score
BenG said:
I have a new job since last time. I'm now a Wind Turbine Technician.

I Farm Wind. :)

That's interesting because I'm an Air Traffic Controller & any proposed windfarm developments within certain areas within or operational field have to pay us lots of money for consultation & risk assessment work.

I must add I love my job, I do tower and radar controlling. Tower being in the greenhouse at top of the tower building landing & takeing off aircraft & controlling all aircraft & vehicles at the airport. Radar as you would think sat looking at a highly processed & clean display of aircraft out to 40miles.

Of course at this time of year I'm paid to read books as not much flys.

Reaction score
Not much fly's? What's the maximum number of souls your prepared to sacrifice to finish harry potter??

Reaction score
i am an events co-ordinator. i work and organize show and productions like circusses all around the uk, i work for the ladyboys of bangkok when that tours the uk.

i basically sit in an office in cheshire and run the circus show from there.

Reaction score
There's some pretty interesting jobs there! mine seems quite boring compared...Im currently an assistant design co-ordinator for a construction company, Im usually site based but im trying different things within the company at the moment :D

Reaction score
Im not a Trophy owner yet I have a 182 both cup packs, i own and run a security company installing all aspects of security equipment ie CCTV, Alarms and door access :D

Reaction score
jenks04 said:
Not much fly's? What's the maximum number of souls your prepared to sacrifice to finish harry potter??

Winter schedules vastly reducing, general aviation traffic (ie all the light aircraft/private pilots) very low, so no not much flys some days.

On some days last wk I could wind out radar to look over the uk from Heathrow up to Manchester & skies were very empty.

Forgot to add, I see you're from Cardiff, I worked at Cardiff Airport for 6 weeks back in 2003 living in a B&B in Barry iirc

Reaction score
Have you had to scramble any jets yet because you have seen some germans in formation with their messerschmitts!

Reaction score
It tech , fix , build and repair systems off all kinds.

I currently work for a retail groupe dixons retail but looking to progress my career further in It as it's early doors yet and still only 21.

Reaction score
I'm a network engineer for a financial networks company, I work on the POS side of things so managing the network handling card transactions.

Not very exciting!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's interesting because I'm an Air Traffic Controller & any proposed windfarm developments within certain areas within or operational field have to pay us lots of money for consultation & risk assessment work.

Surely there is only 1 risk as far as air traffic is concerned... :wink:

where do you go to learn how to farm wind? can I do that at my local college? You couldn't make it up hehe

Basically DONG Energy (the company I work for) are in the process of building an offshore wind farm and put ads in the local paper and internet asking for people with electrical/mechanical qualifications to carry out service and maintenance work, I applied, got an interview which went very well and I got the job. As the wind farm is still under construction I travel around the UK and Denmark learning the job and training, none of the 24 technicians who got the job have ever been in a wind turbine before they got the job.
Siemens take on apprentice Wind Turbine Technicians and there are a few places in the UK you can study at so keep a look out.