Reaction score
I'm not sure there will be many wind farms in hertfordshire hehe. This career lark is really peeing me off. All I want is £25K per year, 30 mins commute from Hemel Hempstead by car. Oh and it needs to hold my interest.

Reaction score
I am a freelance editor/author/photographer employed primarily in the aviation publishing field. I write/photograph for various aeroplane magazines, as well as editing a range of aviation-related titles for Osprey Publishing. I get to go flying in various military and civil aircraft, and have worked particularly closely with the US Navy in the Persian Gulf over the past 12 years

Reaction score
Race mechanic. No it's not glamorous, I hate flying and my HOURLY rate is horrendous despite the salary being good. If you see what I mean..

Reaction score
Research and Development Engineer for company who design and manufacture transmissions mainly for motorsport but we also do automotive/military work (same company as George K).

Reaction score
BenG said:
That's interesting because I'm an Air Traffic Controller & any proposed windfarm developments within certain areas within or operational field have to pay us lots of money for consultation & risk assessment work.

Surely there is only 1 risk as far as air traffic is concerned... :wink:

The risk is not what you think, ie aircraft hitting them, it's because radar picks them up & make clutter making identifying potential traffic hazardous, therefore this has to be risk assessed in areas of high traffic density.

Reaction score
I qualified in Product Design, then worked for 5 years as a Graphic and Digital designer. I'm now currently working as a senior web designer for a company in the West Midlands, and also as a freelance designer in my spare time!

Reaction score
i work for cash converters in dewsbury :cry: bit crap but you cant run a trophy on thin air ha

Reaction score
I'm a bus driver for Wilts and Dorset, plain and simple. The job is pretty good actually, very good pay and all you have to do is sit on your arse aiming at gaps. I just have to watch out for everyone else being idiots!
Off to drive for National Express, (still W&D), as of next week though which i'm really looking forward to. 033 Yeovil-Salisbury-London if anyone ever goes on it.

I hold a PPL and really want to take it further if the funds become available, so that's the big plan, everything else is just a route to it.

J333evo - Which airport do you work at?

Reaction score
I've been putting up Xmas lights and trees in town centres the past few weeks. By trade im an electrician (mostly domestic) I now work for a company specializing in security ie access control, cctv, intruder alarms etc.