Reaction score
I work in IT recruitment, mainly software/web developers in the London area. It's been pretty tough trying to find people jobs over the last couple of years but things seem to be getting a bit better now.

is1

Reaction score
I thought Trophys were rare - there's loads of you guys! :)
In-House Solicitor for prestige vehicle rental firm.

Reaction score
I used to work in retail marketing for Microsoft dealing mainly with the Xbox 360. Awesome job with loads of great pers but had to look at career progression and move on.

Now work as a business consultant for Ford Europe. I do get some funny looks when i say that i own a Clio!

Reaction score
Sam B said:
I work in IT recruitment, mainly software/web developers in the London area. It's been pretty tough trying to find people jobs over the last couple of years but things seem to be getting a bit better now.

Just the man (sort of!), any business analyst vacancies? :D

Reaction score
Fascinating topic!

Got a degree in Information Systems but got sick to death of the bloody machines. Now work as a Customer Care Driver for a furniture store mainly exchanging people's faulty furniture in their homes. Money's not all that and the work can be back breaking, but the freedom is great and so are the people I work with, such a laugh when back in the warehouse. Also learning The Knowledge to be a London cab driver, 18 months in. As you can tell, i enjoy driving :D

Reaction score
Air traffic controller hehe i'd be like that plane game on the apple app site where you land the planes but try not to crash them ... gets hard after a while though :(

Reaction score
Supersonic said:
J333evo - Which airport do you work at?

I'm at Coventry Airport, but it's one of those jobs where you can get opportunities to work anywhere with an airport.

I was offered Dubai back in July which including living allowance was 100k a year tax free, but I've never been & couldn't commit to it because of that.

For the mentalists, Baghdad are recruiting at the moment 170K US$ tax free, free accommodation, meals & laundry but also rather worringly free armed guard to and from the radar centre and within confines of the airport! No thanks!

The iPhone game is not bad, good fun. Lots of decent aviation apps about, like plane finder which you point at the aircraft in the sky & tells you the planes type, reg, company, destination & departure airports. Plus aero weather is good gives all the weather reports from just about every airport in the world. Aerodrome weather reports are done every half hour & all info fed to met office so an accurate picture is formed across the UK.

Some useful potential contacts on here though. Wheel refresher especially if can repair buckles as my Integrale wheels need done ;-)

& interesting to see someone worked for Microsoft as I did back in 2000-01, got lots of very nice perks like free Xbox & games, holidays in the Alps & Algarve. Trackday at Knockhill driving loads of different cars, champagne reception on London Eye & stay in Waldorf Esoria for Xbox launch. Good company to work for but very competitive and cut throat, not a long term thing unless you thrive on it.

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
j333evo said:
I'm at Coventry Airport, but it's one of those jobs where you can get opportunities to work anywhere with an airport.

Some useful potential contacts on here though. Wheel refresher especially if can repair buckles as my Integrale wheels need done ;-)

I'm only based in a van, not a workshop, so don't have the facilities to do buckles but there are companies out there that can do them.
Work for Listers who have a couple of sites right next to Cov airport.

Mat.

Reaction score
j333evo said:

I was offered Dubai back in July which including living allowance was 100k a year tax free, but I've never been & couldn't commit to it because of that.

For the mentalists, Baghdad are recruiting at the moment 170K US$ tax free, free accommodation, meals & laundry but also rather worringly free armed guard to and from the radar centre and within confines of the airport! No thanks!

I can imagine the adrenaline rush would be pretty awesome though there'd be constant worry on your part for the safety of the aircraft, would get very tiresome after about a week!

Atlantic Airlines are apparently doing a scholarship scheme from Coventry at the moment and I keep umming and ahhing about it but the time isn't quite right for me to do it I don't think. Too much else going on plus it's a full time thing, very hard work i've heard. Worth it in the long run though I guess.

Reaction score
Supersonic said:
I can imagine the adrenaline rush would be pretty awesome though there'd be constant worry on your part for the safety of the aircraft, would get very tiresome after about a week!

Atlantic Airlines are apparently doing a scholarship scheme from Coventry at the moment and I keep umming and ahhing about it but the time isn't quite right for me to do it I don't think. Too much else going on plus it's a full time thing, very hard work i've heard. Worth it in the long run though I guess.

Atlantic doing scholarships is good in this day & age, as used to be norm for pilots before 9-11, since it's been norm to self fund which considering to get a Commercial Pilots License & then type rated on say a 737 can cost 60k very expensive. But make training captain for one of the big airlines & you can make upto £150k a year.

Reaction score
I used to be an catering accountant at st james park, I then worked at nissan and now im a gas engineer !

Always wanted to be a mechanic but the wages arnt all that.