Reaction score
£605 for me with privilage, 26, parked on the roadside full NCB and 8 points.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
scott said:
Renaultsport said:
Im 23 paying £320 with Direct line.

HOW!! :? :? .

Im 29, 5yrs no claims, no mods, no convictions or points, this years renewal was £600 :? .

When i had my 172 Cup it was £1000 which was about 3 years ago now. Then i moved to a Leon Cupra R 225 which cost about £800 then quickly sold that as it wasn't to get the Trophy. Last year i was paying £500 for the Trophy with 5 years no claims.

Direct Line have always been good for me, I'm not complaining that its low :)

Reaction score
£320 seems extremely cheap, even if you live in the safest area and the cars garaged ect.
Not saying i don't believe this price but it just doesn't add up in my opinion.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
scott said:
Renaultsport said:
Im 23 paying £320 with Direct line.

HOW!! :? :? .

Im 29, 5yrs no claims, no mods, no convictions or points, this years renewl was £600 :? .

Who are you with?

Direct line, i rang them last week and asked why it was so high, the lad i was talking to told me one of the main reasons it hadnt dropped much was they rate all cars from 1 upto 100.

1 is a car isnt likely to get stolen as its crap and if it does get stolen it will come back in one piece and the thieves will get bored of it and dump it, also its no likely to be crashed as its too slow.
100 is a high performance car that is at high risk of being stolen and if it did get stolen it wouldnt be found and would probably be crashed due to the thieves not being able to control it.

He then said the Trophy was rated 89????????
About 5 mins after a put the phone down i started thinking i have just been fed the biggest pile of crap ever on earth! :^o

Still it was one of the cheapest quotes i had, i think i only had 1 that was very slightly cheaper, all the rest were £700 up to £1658? Must be something to do with where i live, i dont have a garage of a driveway, the car is just parked on the road.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
LOL at the points thing... I thought that's what the insurance groups are for!?

Renewal this year Direct Line sent me a letter saying it will be £450. I thought i could get that cheaper so looked around, Priviledge quoted me the cheapest - so i went back to Direct Line to see if they could match it as didn't want the hassle of sending proof of no claims off to the new ones etc... and they matched it.

:)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Gman said:
£320 seems extremely cheap, even if you live in the safest area and the cars garaged ect.
Not saying i don't believe this price but it just doesn't add up in my opinion.

Well i thought it was cheap considering my age, but its what i paid so i gave them my payment details. I double checked the policy documents when i got them and they were correct so i wasn't complaining.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My insurance is due in March so I decided to get a quote from Greenlight again to see what ill be expecing to pay. Bit of planning ahead.
Last year I paid £970 fully comp with 2 yrs no claims, No modifications.

This year I listed some modifications bearing in mind these modifications will be on my car by March:

Brembo grooved front disks.
Braided brake lines.
powerflex anti roll bar and wishbone bushes.
koni adjustable rear dampers.
solid suspension top mounts.

This year my premium with 3 years no claims is £980 ! gone up £10. :(. I stated the BHP as 162.3 as thats what it was running when put on the rolling road last year. They send me the following statement:

**You entered the BHP at the flywheel as 162, the standard car has 182 bhp before modifications?**

They were having none of it :lol: . Its true though !

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
KTR unless you can recommend something else. Didnt fancy paying £300 for the ones off Mark Fish.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Right, almost exactly the same design of the Combrake ones me and Cue have.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool. Do they make much of a difference ? Im hoping them and the powerflex bushes will stiffen up the front end.
I want to be able to run over an insect and tell how many legs it had :D