Reaction score
i know theres probably already been a thread covering this but i cant find it, so basically my renewal is up soonish and i was looking for opinions on who to go with, im currently with adrian flux and i dont get my renewal quote for another few weeks, ive heard greenlight are pretty good just wondered who people have tried and trusted to insure thier trophy's with

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Greenlight are not the cheapest, think i'm paying about £360 at the moment but could probably half that elsewhere.
But.... they are very good if you have mods/plan to do them and if you do track days they provide cheap top up insurance.

Reaction score
£750 - tesco - 27yrs male - non garaged - full NCB - no convictions - with mod +missus on there too

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
try admiral, privilege and Greenlight.

Greenlight should be best if you have any mods or want track cover (you said you wouldn't need that but the mod coverage is excellent).

A couple of years ago Privilege were the best for trophy insurance full stop - we even thought they targeted us safe owners with low cost premiums :^o

If buying through Admiral or Privilege, make sure you follow that guide that's on money saving expert - trawling the market in the best way can save you hundreds, plus use one of them cashback sites...

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Greenlight are not the cheapest, think i'm paying about £360 at the moment but could probably half that elsewhere.
But.... they are very good if you have mods/plan to do them and if you do track days they provide cheap top up insurance.

Lol.. Im paying £1527 p.a!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah well, swings and roundabouts, i'm an old fart and you're probably not, i know which way around i'd like it :D

Reaction score
well im very happy now got my quote from greenlight my 1st year insuring the trophy with adrian flux was £2500 with 6 points and 2 yrs no claims greenlight have just quoted £757 with 3 yrs no claims and 6 points lol and im 23yrs old, thats a pretty big saving to say ive put aside £2000 for what i was expecting it to be now i have some spending money! thanks for your help guys :D 8)

Reaction score
Lol.. Im paying £1527 p.a![/quote]

thats what churchill want to charge me for next years insurance

Reaction score
I go through confused.com every year as invariably my renewal quote is +£50, so I seem to change every year.

Admiral added £50 and another £176 when I said I'd just got 3 points. RAC beat the previous year's quote. This year I'm with Morethan bizarrely, as they've always previously been <ahem> more than everyone else.

Still, you can't argue with £275.00 p.a., admittedly for limited mileage old bloke.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
£970 for me. 21yrs old, 2yrs no claims. With Greenlight.

Reaction score
My renewal quote came back from Elephant last week at £1023,

I checked on bell insurance website and got a quote of £800, I was pretty impressed with that to say that i'm a 21yr Male with 1 year no claims bonus. I'm going to do the trick of ringing my current insurer back and seeing if they can beat it.

Does anyone think that I would be able to get a cheaper quote anywhere else? i've tried most of the main insurers but most of them have produce quotes around the 1300-1500 mark.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very good quote that mate. Id be very happy with it. I choose Greenlight coz there modification friendly.

Ajr

Reaction score
I'm with direct line, about £800/yr but that's without no claims as that's used up on my other car, would be about £500 with my no claims on the policy.

If modifying i'd stick with flux/HIC/green light