Reaction score
Jamie_Williams3 said:
But of a bump, but i was wondering how the trophys respond to engine mods? I dont really know too much about MK2 RS's so what are the potential best mods in relation to value for money?

Also i do recall a RR where a Trophy(s?) only made 160bhp on the rollers, was this a one off or is this the anticipated bhp output?

Lots of people have found out that the F4R engine is not the easiest to squeeze much more power out of

I think the best mod in relation to value for money is the inlet manifold match - it seems like the only mod to give 'noticeable' gains without breaking the bank - although it needs a remap to give best results :wink:

As for the 160 bhp on the RR - you will hear varying reports on how accurate RR's are, some people just dont trust them full stop.
Also was the 160 at wheels or fly?

160 at the wheels would be do-able with some engine mods and a remap I think

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
without spending £000's the best you could hope for would be on the thin side of 200bhp. inlet match, CAF, IK, decent exhaust and a remap and you'll be about there.

easiest way to go quicker though (and by far the cheapest) is weight saving. Rear seats, door panels, carpets etc and you'll be looking at a few 10's of a second to 100mph.

Reaction score
Jamie_Williams3 said:
But of a bump, but i was wondering how the trophys respond to engine mods? I dont really know too much about MK2 RS's so what are the potential best mods in relation to value for money?

Also i do recall a RR where a Trophy(s?) only made 160bhp on the rollers, was this a one off or is this the anticipated bhp output?

mine went on the rollers after an exhaust, induction kit, custom cold air feed, manifold match and decat and made 174 bhp....after the remap it made 180.5bhp in 5 degrees C hotter weather.

After all the mods ive done it is noticeably faster in any given situation, yet my mates cup with decat, exhaust and panel filter does keep right with me. (has double the miles on it though)

I reckon mine is faster, its just you need a hell of alot more power to pull away from something if you are gunning it.

bottom line is, do mods for yourself, not to beat other renault sports, cos at the most, even a car in my spec will inch away from a standard clio at the most! But clios weren't made for straight line, they are all about corners, especially the trophy. They ain't slow, but they ain't blisteringly fast....