top mounts and bearings

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I agree.

I`m not sure how supposedly grown men can make something so simple, so difficult.

You pictured the bearing on the wrong side of the doughnut or rubber cushion or whatever you want to call it.

And you will not need spring clamps either.

I always try to make sure that the posts I make are correct and as I said, if I am wrong then I am the first to say okay fine. I am just trying to clarify a couple of the things you have posted that contradict what I believe, but you crack on.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I agree.

I`m not sure how supposedly grown men can make something so simple, so difficult.

You pictured the bearing on the wrong side of the doughnut or rubber cushion or whatever you want to call it.

And you will not need spring clamps either.
No need to get passive aggressive when wires are evidently getting crossed- how is the bearing on the wrong side of the rubber cushion in the photos I posted? The bearing is fitted in the recess in both photos, the only thing different is the orientation of the bearing...

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No need to get passive aggressive when wires are evidently getting crossed- how is the bearing on the wrong side of the rubber cushion in the photos I posted? The bearing is fitted in the recess in both photos, the only thing different is the orientation of the bearing...
I do apologise, my memory of the exact appearance of these cushions must have faded.

You have fitted the bearing on the correct side of the cushion, but you need to rotate it the other way up.

The 1st picture is the correct orientation, so that numbers are against the spring cap.