Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yes because some people will now honestly beleive that if it rains they can drive their Clios faster than a Ferrari.

Its a joke surely?

Reaction score
If you beleive that time isnt a fabrication all i can say is youve never been in a modern Ferrari or any other super car. Or autocar drivers can't drive for toffee.

Either way it casts the whole review into doubt.

Reaction score
So? To quote the front page of this website:

The forum for owners and fans of the Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy

If something like that appears in print, we are going to lap it up. Who in their right mind is actually going to take on a Ferrari in the wet? If you are inane enough to be racing on the roads, let alone in the wet, you will soon get what you deserve. If you fancy your chances in the wet on the track, go for it! I am sure no one here would stand a chance... again, who cares. Either way, that article put a big smile on our faces, and for that reason we like it...

...and cos the trophy ROCKS!

Reaction score
The times were all recorded by Chris Harris. He did rather well in the Rally GB rcently winning his class

Reaction score
I was responding to someone who said that it was 'impressive' that a Trophy can lap more quickly than a F430. My response is that it isnt impressive, because its not going to happen. Lets be honest, it isnt is it?

I dont see what quoting the front page of the website will achieve. There are forums on this site for Williams' so its obvious that the site is for more than just Trophy owners. If you are insinuating that we dispence with our own emotion towards our own cars to pay hommage to the Clio trophy i think you are in cloud cuckoo land. Im sure the owners of the site would prefer a more balanced persepctive than that.

You obviously miss my entire point which is that, as good as the Trophy is, it is not going to beat a F430 round a track. Stating that it did in Autocar seems to either say that Autocar journos are stipid, or they think we are stupid. Either way the figure is clearly seriously bullshit.

So lets tale off the rose tinted spectacles and just keep a balanced take on reality here.

Of course if the Trophy really is as quick as an F430 on a wet track, it will show up at this weekends Donnington track day. Or maybe the Mark 1 boys will once again destroy all the mark 2's on track as seems to be a regular occurance at track days. Either way, i shall look forward to recording it for all to see. :twisted:

Reaction score
Jeremy said:
The times were all recorded by Chris Harris. He did rather well in the Rally GB rcently winning his class

So do you honestly beleive that a Trophy can lap a wet track faster than a F430, Jeremy. Simple yes or no?

Reaction score
The trophy beat the fiesta thats a given. But my mate said when he was reading the mag in smiths the fiesta generated higher cornering g and only lost out in the lap time because of the greater weight and less power.

Reaction score
Yes, peak lateral g was .95 for the Clio and .97 for the Fiesta. Peak speed was 95.8 for the Clio and 90.8 for the Fiesta

Reaction score
So how come it can corner with more g? If that car had more power wouldnt it be faster round a track?

Sounds like it has more grip anyway.

Reaction score
Yes it probably would be quicker if it had more power.

The Clio would be quicker than the Ferrari if it too had more power

Reaction score
Sorry to labour this...

King Stromba said:
I dont see what quoting the front page of the website will achieve.

Steady, I am just simply saying that people on this forum will be more likely to say hey, cool, instead of, no, thats obviously bullsh!t.

Reaction score
A Trophy beating a F430 round a track is ridiculous and it derserves the derision i have given it.

Reaction score
Jeremy said:
Yes it probably would be quicker if it had more power.

The Clio would be quicker than the Ferrari if it too had more power

No it wouldnt because it dosnt have a trick differential, rwd, aerodynamic efficiency, soft tyres, a low centre of gravity, a mid engined configuration, a paddle change gearbox or suspension that changes depending on the conditions.

Give the Trophy the 490 bhp of the Ferrari and it would still be alot slower.

hyb

Reaction score
I've just read this post all the way through, its quite funny really.

This is a clio trophy forum stromba, surely theres a williams forum somewhere you can go? You just seem to post on every thread about how everyone else is wrong and this that and the other.

The fact is those are the times autocar postedl, and it beat the ferrari in those conditions. end of.

G

Yes and lets not lose site of the fact that you knock the trophy at just about every opportunity, we all know that your williams is way faster isnt it? 130mph and 7.7 to 60 according to autocar, but im sure they're wrong. Whats the matter - wouldn't mummy let you have one ?

Reaction score
hyb said:
I've just read this post all the way through, its quite funny really.

This is a clio trophy forum stromba, surely theres a williams forum somewhere you can go? You just seem to post on every thread about how everyone else is wrong and this that and the other.

The fact is those are the times autocar postedl, and it beat the ferrari in those conditions. end of.

So you too think that a Clio can beat a Ferrari supercar round a track? Amazing. If a journalist told you that cheese was worth more than gold would you beleive that too?

hyb

Reaction score
Why would they 'fake' the results ? If it was a williams i doubt you'd be arguing this at all

Status
Not open for further replies.