Status
Not open for further replies.

hyb

Reaction score
My autocar says 'IN THE NEXT AUTOCAR...'
with a big grid of cars .....don't tell me i bought an old one :p

Reaction score
Right, who wants to start a car magazine? We need to organise a track day like that!

Reaction score
I still havent got a copy of this mag. Is it true the results show fiesta st corners quicker than the trophy?

Reaction score
You'd better hurry up and get a copy as the next issue will be out tomorrow.

The Trophy came 11th out of 20 cars and was the highest placed front wheel drive car. It was placed in the final rankings above the Astra VXR, Golf GTi, BMW 330i, Corvette etc and of course the Fiesta ST.

The dry lap times were quicker than the Astra, Fiesta and Golf. In the wet it also beat them, but was also quicker than the Ferrari F430 !

G

Quicker than a 430!! holy poop, thats more than a little bit impressive, the fact that it smoked a Fiesta ST however comes as no surprise at all. :lol:

Note to self: get a copy of Autocar on the way home tonight, the missus is now bored with hearing me bang on about the M6 article in evo - its time to annoy her with something new =D>

Reaction score
Faster than an F430 round a track. LOL, yeah sure. Even in the wet the Ferrari would pull sooooooo much space down the straight that even if it lost a load of time in the corners it would murder a Clio. Which it wouldnt.

Just for a reality check the F430 has an F1-inspired gearbox, a trick differential that makes the two-wheel driver feel like all-wheel, to the 4.3-liter engine’s “user-friendlyâ€

Reaction score
Oh and just to add, the F430 laps the Fiorana test track (Ferraris own track) 3 seconds faster than an F360.

Lets not lose site of reality here.

Reaction score
Just repeating Autocar's times around Rockingham. In the dry, Clio 87.0, F430 81.1. In the wet Clio 101.2, F430 101.5

Reaction score
I've read the magazine and they are the times quoted. You have got to presume all the cars were driven by decent drivers, so yes it is quicker in the wet. Can't wait to get mine.

Reaction score
To every car enthusiast in the world that time is ridiculous. Autocar shouldnt have published it without a caveat, as the Ferrari was obviously broken or had no tyre pressures or some confounding circumstance. It makes the whole review a joke imo.

A 182 BHP clio will not match a 490 BHP Ferrari round any of the 12 rockingham circuit configurations. Even in the wet.

The Ferari would lap the clio after 12 or so laps in the dry given those times. Are you then telling me that a car with such an advantage would be behind after 10 laps in the wet?

Clio power to weight ration of 168 BHP per ton
Ferrari power to weigh ratio of 331 BHP per ton
Clio no LSD
Ferrar trick e-differential
Coefficient of friction on clio tyre very low
Coefficient of friction of Ferrari tyre very high
Clio FWD
Ferrari RWD
Clio shaped like a brick
Ferrari aerodynamic race car

Do autocar think ppl are stupid? Obviously they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.