Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
NO! Surely Not!?! :p

I think you should try another set :D

Reaction score
PE2s suck cock on a williams. I have 2 almost new ones stuck in my garage as they were on the car for about 2k before i removed them. Shocking tyres.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What was it about them that you found shocking?

Reaction score
The grip was inconsistent. The sidewalls 'flexed' way too much. They just felt all wrong.

Reaction score
i think im goign to go for eagle f1 gsd3s when i need a change. i liked them on my focus and they always do well in the magazine tests, in fact i think autocar rated them as the best tyres last time they had a big test (admittedly that must have been about 2 years ago)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
King Stromba said:
The sidewalls 'flexed' way too much.

Yeah this is what Fred says i think.

Its weird because a few people completely wore off the lettering on the sidewalls of them on the brands trackday in May last year, which would go along with your opinion of them.

Since then though i've never seen anything like it. However hard I've pushed them, the sidewalls always seem to be very solid. After all thats their major selling point.

I'm probably not quite so committed as Fred though, so he's probably tested the tyre to their extremes a little more :lol:

They are definitely the best tyres i've used though, so i'm planning on sticking with them. The price of GSD3's at the time could make me opt for them instead though.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Its weird because a few people completely wore off the lettering on the sidewalls of them on the brands trackday in May last year, which would go along with your opinion of them.

more pressure needed for trackdays?

Reaction score
jury is still out on my exalto 2s. They are not as good as i hoped but the weather is still far to pants to give em a good run + they have only covered 200 miles.
Mabye cos i have 195 rather than 205?
I was impressed with my toyo t1s in the dry but as we all know they are hopeless in the wet.
Just need a dry day to test the exalto2s :(

Reaction score
P ZERO NERO 205/45 ZR16 83W ... only £62 at mytyres.co.uk!

Not a hugely wonderful tyre but very cheap and will do the motorway cruising/daily driving job quite well I would have thought?

O.

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
For track days just get any old ****. The more worn the better. :p

good way to crash! (although can be fun ;))

i agree about the PE2's being pants, although i did go out with pep at donnington on his PE2's and they were good

maybe some weird batches or something???

Reaction score
Fred said:
King Stromba said:
For track days just get any old ****. The more worn the better. :p

good way to crash! (although can be fun ;))

i agree about the PE2's being pants, although i did go out with pep at donnington on his PE2's and they were good

maybe some weird batches or something???

Says mr 'stick it in the wall in the rain' :wink:

Reaction score
and guess what rob, i was on old worn out tyres!! point proven