G

Hang on a minute on the one hand you now criticise people for using the tyres that Renault recommends, but then in the optimax is a rip off etc. thread you had a go at me for not using the 98 RON petrol (that Renault recommends) - make your mind up - you either stand by Renaults recommendations or you dont!

Reaction score
toyo proxsis are very good in the dry but im about to go over to Exalto 2's on my cup.
Id stick with the Exalto 2's as its wot the trophy is designed to use.

Day

Reaction score
iain_c said:
Hotpoint reccommend Persil but I don't specifically buy it over any other washing powder...

Reaction score
Day said:
iain_c said:
Hotpoint reccommend Persil but I don't specifically buy it over any other washing powder...

Your washing machine will stop working, fall apart and the end will come.

Reaction score
But Persil washing up powder is just the same as store own powder, but it has additivies, which stop the washer getting carboned up after 30k, or is that optimax?

Reaction score
There's a guy on our road who appears to drive a coked up Zanussi with 30K on it. That's what it sounds like when he spends 5-10 minutes cranking it over at 6 in the morning anyway.

I agree with Stromba here, if you know where to look you can get some very cheap clones...

G

hmm now i hate to sound like a sad-git but i know for a fact that there are only 4 plants that manufacture washing powder in this country so db is probably right, theres every possibility that persil is the same as a stores own powder. This runs true for a lot of stuff - take for instance posh biscuits in M&S - they're made by Foxes - and i dont mean the little furry brown fuckers before anyone says it :)

Reaction score
"they're made by Foxes - and i dont mean the little furry brown fuckers before anyone says it"

HAHA,

BOOM BOOM, (was basil brush a fox)

G

ducks butt said:
"they're made by Foxes - and i dont mean the little furry brown fuckers before anyone says it"

HAHA,

BOOM BOOM, (was basil brush a fox)

lol walked right into that one, and yes he was.

Reaction score
Yup, next time you're shopping, especially at the bigger supermarket chains, you'll find the ingredients/nutritional info etc of the "own brand" product bear an eerie similarity to the "big label".

One of the few food manufactuers who don't white label their kit is Kellogs, but that's because they're an American firm with a big cock on the box :wink:

Reaction score
The Renault website specifications for the Cup and trophy state that the sidewalls are stiffer than for the normal 182 sport - is this what makes the PE2, or are there other identification marks?

The Parada gets some very good reviews, albeit in The USA it is claimed to have a treadwear index of 300 which is almost like concrete?? The real problem is that it is not in the 2006 MSA blue book in either list 1.A or list 1.B.

Ther best tyre deals and service that I can find is from Micheldever tyres near Winchester. It is worth going just to see how organised and slick they are. 01962 774437.

Happy New Year everyone.

Day

Reaction score
I'm running Continental Contisports fitted as standard to the 172 Cup.

If they are good enough for a 9 sec/ Min lap around the Nurburgring then they're good enough for me :D

Reaction score
Wow, that's approximately 5,400 miles per hour. They must be incredible tyres, lol....

Reaction score
So I take it for that speed they're ZR rated then? :wink:

I ran Conti's for a good while on previous cars and have never had any issues (other than noticably more road noise: Oh noes)

Reaction score
Just been onto my tyres to get a quote on 2 new Exalto's and they have gone down in price, they are now for sale at £88.08 inc P&P.

Thats the best i have found them yet.

May get a set for after the track days sessions.

Reaction score
I'm getting a set after the track day session as well... :)

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They stand up to track day abuse quite well really. I'm still on my original tyres and they've done 8000 miles including 2 full trackdays, 2 track evenings and a few laps at trax. Still plenty of tread left on the fronts.

I'll need some more shortly though

Reaction score
I was thinking about picking up a set of Turinis as well, but figuered that it would cost me around £600 for the full set.