Reaction score
It's a while since I did mine on my 172 cup so can't remember what you need!

But I think it's a 17mm socket for the bottom and a 10mm spanner for the top! The springs don't need compressing just a good pull, hence why I wunt do it in a normal jack!!

If you don't have the tools I would suggest buying them, you'll be able to get the tools for less than an hours labour so you are still winning and you'll have the tools for next time!!

Reaction score
18mm socket on bottom and 19mm top nut, maybe a 9mm to hold the shock to undo the top nut.
15mins per side tops

Reaction score
Well done for posting that very appropriate....:)

I was quoted £76 today at from Florida motors. (2 hrs. labour)
Ok, I will try to find a friend with tools and go for it myself. I will enjoying doing it just not got the jack etc.

So for the parts do think £459 is this a good price from Renault.... 2 x shocks and 2 x springs.

If someone near by offers to help a case of beer or equivalent in wine is on me.....:) ( I don't drink beer so cant expect everyone to.... although I am a bit strange)

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP... MUCH APPRECIATED!!! WHAT A GREAT SOURCE OF INFO AS ALWAYS!!!

jsthomson

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
jsthomson said:
Well done for posting that very appropriate....:)

I was quoted £76 today at from Florida motors. (2 hrs. labour)
Ok, I will try to find a friend with tools and go for it myself. I will enjoying doing it just not got the jack etc.

So for the parts do think £459 is this a good price from Renault.... 2 x shocks and 2 x springs.

If someone near by offers to help a case of beer or equivalent in wine is on me.....:) ( I don't drink beer so cant expect everyone to.... although I am a bit strange)

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP... MUCH APPRECIATED!!! WHAT A GREAT SOURCE OF INFO AS ALWAYS!!!

jsthomson

I was up in Scotland last week for work, could have given you a hand! Mind you I wouldn't have had a jack with me. #-o

Reaction score
So for the parts do think £459 is this a good price from Renault.... 2 x shocks and 2 x springs

What do you guys think a good price or not?????

jsthomson

Reaction score
Just ring 2 or 3 dealers and play em off against each other!!

One of the local ones to me offers money off for forum members! Not sure if they post stuff though!!

Reaction score
Renault Wolverhampton sell stuff on eBay which ate well priced the rear brake disc/pad combo is good value & of course stiff is posted. May be worth asking them how much 2 dampers & springs would cost.

£76 for 2 hours labour is good most dealers now are near £100 an hour.

Reaction score
Rear Suspension saga continued,

I have now got the correct part number for the shock now all I am looking for is the part number for the springs. I was at renault this morning for a while and yes there were very helpful I must admit.... No info comes up for the trophy springs only for the 182 and the 182 cup. They are saying the spring should have either a white or red square on it but it has both red and white squares and coulden't be sure what spring the trophy had. Typical!!!! In the end I have ordered both 182 and 182 cup to see which may or may not be correct. Yes I can return if they don't fit...

Can anyone shed some light this please

Thank you

jsthomson

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought, though I could be wrong heaven forbid :) , that the rears were bespoke as well. Anyway they should have part numbers printed on them, crawl under and have a look.

Reaction score
I have and I can see a number anywhere.... may have to take them off to find it I guess!!!

jsthomson

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No, I've just been and had a look and I can't see a number on mine either so not much help there I'm afraid.

Reaction score
Thank you...

I had a very quick look at someone's 182 today just parked on the street and his had the red and white squares on the springs... so possibly just the same as the 182???

jsthomson

Reaction score
Im sure there were some posts a while back on this where someone had the part number. Doesn't surprise me that Reno don't know the correct numbers tho! Trophy's seem to be law unto themselves when it comes to the parts that make them 'special'.

Reaction score
jsthomson said:
Rear Suspension saga continued,

I have now got the correct part number for the shock

JS, is the part number you quote in your first post on this thread the same as the one you now believe to be correct for the Trophy rear dampers?

part number 8200 519 954

I'm away to buy some. Having just had the fronts rebuilt it seems rude not to. :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
No, I've just been and had a look and I can't see a number on mine either so not much help there I'm afraid.

Did you see the two red and whites squares on either of the springs.

jsthomson