Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not just a group buy.... a group trip :)

ffs steve, i talked myself into doing this next year... now i'm going to have ear eache all summer from the missus.....hhmmm, how can i swing this one?

Reaction score
Group trip sounds a laugh!! Group buy would be good - 600 mark is my maximum spend on exhaust so I would prefer trip.

How heavy is orbisund exhaust?

I am considering getting a custom exhaust done for around 590 de-cat. All fitted one of and dont have to go to France!

Reaction score
If that includes fitting it is a good price.

However also consider costs to get there: ~£200 in fuel + ~100 in EuroStar + ~100 in accommodation/food = ~£400 on top of price.

O.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:

However also consider costs to get there: ~£200 in fuel + ~100 in EuroStar + ~100 in accommodation/food = ~£400 on top of price.

O.

GF wants to go to France this summer, "just a short detour darling" :D

Reaction score
hoolio said:
oliie said:

O.

GF wants to go to France this summer, "just a short detour darling" :D

Exactly. I'm going to see my Dad in the South of France later in the year, so I might just wait. "Yes darling it's definitely this way, it's quicker if you head over to Paris first then down from there, oh look darling, an exhaust factory, might as well have a look", 4 hours, £700 and 16 rows later - a fully fitted Orby Zorst. At least you can drown out the whinging for the rest of the holiday!

Reaction score

O.

£200 squid in fuel !!! (i guess you may have a long way to go) last time i went i did 50

£10 on a cheap P&O crossing
£10 on a camp site

I've just saved you £330

Reaction score
Any aftermarket rear box for the 182 is only going to be worth 1-2bhp max, better to go for a system which is lightweight and suits your needs volume / sound wise.

For lightness you are going to need a single back box design like the Janspeed, Yozzasport or Orbisoud.

The performance really comes from the CAT or lack of it.

I've tried the sports cat route on the clio as on previous cars I've had good results, but the difference was very small.

Have now switched to a de-cat which I prefer, also makes my Janspeed sound a little throatier and I now get the occasional burble sound which I like.

Even with the de-cat I still do not have any issue with cabin boom at crusing speeds.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
oliie said:

O.

£200 squid in fuel !!! (i guess you may have a long way to go) last time i went i did 50

£10 on a cheap P&O crossing
£10 on a camp site

I've just saved you £330

London city to Mériel and back is 700km+ trip and you will also need to pay toll charges (~£30). That is at least £80 worth of fuel (a full tank is ~£50 which will give you about 500km of mixed driving... which is not going to happen with a new exhaust!!!).

P&O starts at £60 return for a trip up to 5 days. I may be wrong, but if you've really found a £10 trip then you must share where from! That is a very good price. That said I'd go EuroTunnel every time.

Finding a camp site in Mériel will be fun :) Make sure you take your marshmellows (or ear plugs if the Miss/Mrs complains during the night that this is not her idea of a nice trip!).

I guess what I am saying is yes, it is cheap for the exhaust, but not worth the hassle *JUST* for the exhaust... you really have to do it 'en-route' to something a bit more meaningful (like going for a long drive becuase you just want to!). Otherwise just have it shipped!

O.

Reaction score
I am thinking a group buy here, see how many people want one, and then all chip in for someone to hire a van and go collect them bit like steve suggested! I would be up for this! BARGAIN!!!!

Reaction score
OK, here's the latest reply from my very helpful french friend;

Hello Steve,

yes the soft version is 87 dbs,

a for 5 exhausts system for club the price is: racing =945 euros ht
soft = 1026 euros ht

I get information for price transport ( custom)

Best regards
fabien

PS :your forum internet cliotrophy is very good!!!

He likes the forum^

So it's £642 if we can get 5 of us to order one at the same time. I happen to think that's very good for an exhaust of this quality that includes a sports cat. Price of delivery to follow, Any takers?

Reaction score
Me Me Me! Where do i sign? lol! And at that price its a no brainer!

If you bought the soft system, would the decat pipe then fit it? or would you be able to fit a cat in for the mot? just thinking 18months down the line here when my first mot comes up and would be nice if it just needs a sports cat putting back in to pass[/b]

Reaction score
Sorry I need to reiterate this, the race version is the normal Orb one that K-Tec sells with a 200 cell sports cat, the 'soft' one is the one that K-Tec also sell with the extra silencer that Neophyte has, it is only 1dB louder than the stock exhaust. They both have an integrated sports cat and to fit a de-cat would mean cutting the cat out and welding fittings into it to mount a de-cat pipe! This would be completely pointless in my opinion but each to their own. The beauty of the Orb system (either one) is it's fully road legal, will pass the MOT fine and will pass the noise limits on most circuits because it's not too loud.

We need three more people then, so I've got;

Steve
theo

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bugger, it's only money isn't it. Count me in unless my bumper repair is enormous (should find out monday)

Reaction score
Bugger, Bugger, Bugger and double Bugger :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: and :evil: :evil:

I take the plunge and get the Blue Flame exhaust and then some bright spark :wink: Yes, you know who you are!,goes and gets a stonking deal on the creme de la creme of exhausts at good money !!!

Thats it! I'm off to kick the wife and beat the kids... :twisted:

Nice one Steve......................................hope it falls off as I overtake you at the next Track Day........... :-w You know I'm only kidding! Really good deal :wink:

Reaction score
LMAO, excellent post! Don't beat the kids, I'm sorely tempted to get a Blueflame and save a wad, I was following chiefbadger across East Sussex last week and every time he opened up I could hear that lovely noise over my engine!

Reaction score
There are no definites and no limit either remember, I'm quite sure they're not going to complain if they get an order for 7 or 15 exhausts! In fact the more people we can get in on this the cheaper they will be, should be getting a delivery price today.

Interested parties are;

Steve
theo
hoolio
Streetfighter