Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm going down to France later this year, so I thought I'd ask Orbisoud how much one of their exhausts costs to collect from the factory gates. This is their reply;

hello,

price line complete racing : 1006 euros ht.
soft : 1087 euros ht.

best regards
fabien

1006 Euros is £683.70 at today's exchange rate. He included these pictures;

Attachments

• om07.jpg
    om07.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2,234
  • om06.jpg
    om06.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,233
  • om05.jpg
    om05.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,233
  • om04.jpg
    om04.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,233
  • om03.jpg
    om03.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,233
  • om02.jpg
    om02.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,234
  • om01.jpg
    om01.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,233
Reaction score
Gareth said:
expensive holiday, but a cheap(er) exhaust... now just convince Emily its the right thing to do :wink:

How much to get it posted though? I'm thinking it'll be less than £316!

Emily just wants me to be happy, and if that means getting a proper exhaust...The way I see it is it's only 8 months council tax. Gulp.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Now i'd convinced myself that i needed to wait till the old one died and up come those pics again to make me WANT WANT WANT. :evil:

Reaction score
I've seen the pics before but still get shocked when I see a Japanese registered Trophy!!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm guessing that that price will include the brackets, but would anyone trust anybody but KTEC to fit it anyway, the savings begin to shrink and my wallet breaths a sigh of relief. :)

Reaction score
I was thinking of fitting it myself actually, can't be that hard it's all one piece and I bought a trolley jack and axle stands yesterday. :D

Remember that K-Tec's price is A grand without fitting! Ask Neophye how much it cost him to get it fitted.

Only joking about fitting it myself but do have a friend of the family who's a Renault mechanic, might get my hands dirty if it means saving on fitting.

Reaction score
that is a piece of artwork that exhaust. When i heard the system I was a bit dissapointed tho, don't really like the sound. There is a vid of 2 of a 182 with an orbisound on youtube.

Reaction score
Because it has an extra silencer just before the back box, therefore costs more to make. I want the 'race' one. It's not too loud, i heard asim's at Silverstone and it sounds sweeeet.

Jack and axle stands were because I'm doing two oil changes on Saturday. I might start charging!

I reckon it will cost about £150-£200 to deliver it, plus £100 to fit. So a grand then. Plus I've got to find somewhere to store the old exhaust in the dry. Plus I don't like being single, it makes it much harder to have sex when you want it.

What about if we get a group buy going? they'd be £450-£500 a piece and you could all pay me a few quid to pick them up in my mum's mondeo estate. Then you can pick them up from Brighton at a fraction of the cost. I could get to the factory and back on one tank of diesel!

Reaction score
Don't worry about getting someone else other than K-Tec to fit it, I had mine fitted last week by Mark Fish (well one of his mechanics anyway) the exhaust came with no fitting instructions but was very easy to do according to Mark, he commented on the excellent quality and also how well it all lined up ie tall pipes fitting centrally in the bumper cutouts.

After fitting we went for a drive as Mark was slightly worried the system might knock over bumbs which luckily it didn't do, not having heard any other systems i have no comparision but Marks comments were that is was a far bit louder than the janspeed but not overely loud , the bubble on the overun was something he liked, having had the system on a week now I can confirm that the noise this system makes is brilliant and it hasn't become tiresome or got on my nerves so far, however if unlike me you do a lot of drivng on motorways or straight sections of B roads at constant 60+mph speeds it can get a bit boomy which I believe has been commented on before and maybe another quiter system would be more suitable in this instance?

At the collected price it is virtually the same as the Janspeed system with optional sport cat I considered getting, so offers good value for money, maybe i should have collected one myself and saved some££

Reaction score
Soft = Sports Cat (forgot the number of cells...)
Racing = de-cat version

O.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I'm guessing that that price will include the brackets, but would anyone trust anybody but KTEC to fit it anyway, the savings begin to shrink and my wallet breaths a sigh of relief. :)

1006 euro's is a fitted price if I remember correctly. If so I think I would trust Orbisoud to fit it :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
beware that in 18 months or there abouts your car's going to need an MOT. The decat won't pass it.

You could always switch exhausts before and after.... but with cost and time I'd go with the sports cat option.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
hoolio said:

1006 euro's is a fitted price if I remember correctly. If so I think I would trust Orbisoud to fit it :D

Cough! Splutter! What??!?!!? (looks at monitor through veil of coffee and disbelief)

Is that what ht at the end of the price means. Doh!