Reaction score
hoolio said:
Think they're ok, Jonc has one and rates it. I wouldn't buy any exhaust on claims of extra bhp, i suspect the most even the best would gain is pretty negliable which means you have to select it on build quality, weight, how it looks and sounds.

Yep, its a quality exhaust and not too expensive. I'm always sceptical of power claims and besides you're not going to notice a gain of a few bhp. However you will notice sound of the exhaust and with me in my "maturing" years prefer some thing less ostentatious. Its not a loud system, not much louder than standard in fact, but provides a subtle and deep burble on idle and nice rasp when booting it.

Reaction score
Would be really great to get a whole selection of Trophys together so that those of us with standard exhausts could hear and see direct comparisons of the various options... On the last Essex meet we discussed the possibility of a weekend in Wales at some stage.. Perhaps we could have a mass Trophy meet to provide the comparison.. Anyone game for that next year?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
Would be really great to get a whole selection of Trophys together so that those of us with standard exhausts could hear and see direct comparisons of the various options... On the last Essex meet we discussed the possibility of a weekend in Wales at some stage.. Perhaps we could have a mass Trophy meet to provide the comparison.. Anyone game for that next year?
Count me in... I'm Wales based and the Club that my partner and I run regularly hold meets and suchlike... If there's enough interest then perhaps something can be arranged...

Reaction score
I'm welsh based to so would love the idea of all trophys coming along, youtube is so hard to compare different exhausts with the varying quality of videos. And best of all a mass trophy drive on some of the best uk roads would be fun.

Reaction score
That's really great - I think it's something to pick up on early next year. What are the best times to visit the Snowdonia region? I was thinking that camping could be quite cool - there's a site that I have used a number of times for moutain biking which although very basic is in a decent setting and is quite cheap. I'd quite like to combine driving and biking if anyone else fancies that too... :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^ So what happened to the meets when you just get a bite to eat and have a chinwag?

Reaction score
You can still do that - we could set aside a day (Saturday maybe) for the meet/drive and then Sunday is a free day for anyone staying to do as they please...?

Anyway, I'm more worried that you wouldn't make it to wales Julz; for fear of puting too many miles on the car :-({|= :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, i'd be interested depending on time and location - for me it would need to be N wales, Evo triangle near Besty-co-ed (?) is good driving territory.

Reaction score
^^ Correct, that's exactly the area I stay in.. We normally stay at this campsite: click here It's pretty basic - no electricity in the barn where the toilets are but it's a good laugh.. there are plenty of other places to stay anyway..

We go biking here Trail Location Trail Map

hoolio said:
Cheeky barsteward :evil:
:lol: :lol: ... prove me wrong by coming.. :D

Reaction score
Just for those looking for a new exhaust spotted this over on CS

I've copied and pasted as you have to be a member to access that area.

Hi guys,

A little end of the month offer for all you 172/182 owners out there.

Offer 1 - Janspeed Lifetime Guarantee 182 Straight Cut System

We have 4 182 Janspeed Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems going at a very special price. See the item here:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_prod...?id=1264&pic=4
and
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_prod...?id=1264&pic=3

So Straight Cut 3.5" Rolled in tail design ONLY not Slash Cut

RRP with CS Discount + Delivery + VAT = £341.04 All in

For these 4 Systems I can do a special price of £289.00 All in! Nearly 25% Off full Manufacturers Retail Price! MAINLAND UK ONLY

To take advantage of this offer, please give me or the team a call on 01202 820800 or order online quoting "182STRAIGHT" in the comments box along with your CS membership details.

Offer 2 - KTR Stealth Exhaust System 172 (All Variants)

Back by popular demand an offer on our best selling exhaust for the 172. Retaining the OE look and offering a lifetime warranty and increased power along with a subtle sporty exhaust note. 10 systems available. These will go fast!

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

RRP with CS Discount + Delivery + VAT= £345.51 All in

For these 10 Systems I can do a special price of £295.00 All in! MAINLAND UK ONLY

To take advantage of this offer, please give me or the team a call on 01202 820800 or order online quoting "172STEALTH" in the comments box along with your CS membership details.

Many thanks,

Sean.

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
That's really great - I think it's something to pick up on early next year. What are the best times to visit the Snowdonia region? I was thinking that camping could be quite cool - there's a site that I have used a number of times for moutain biking which although very basic is in a decent setting and is quite cheap. I'd quite like to combine driving and biking if anyone else fancies that too... :D

That idea just gets better. I'd thought of driving down to elan valley at some point with the bike and have half day driving half day on bike. I'll hopefully get acorss next year to coed y brenin, marin and penmachno. I only got the bike this year so I'd been sticking to Llandegla while I got used to it and haven't had chance recently, but next year I definately want to venture further afield and try various other trails and just get os maps and go on random rides.

Reaction score
Cue said:
lol, i'd be interested depending on time and location - for me it would need to be N wales, Evo triangle near Besty-co-ed (?) is good driving territory.

It's certainly a good start, and nice an close to other great roads like the Llanberis Pass and the B4391 around Bala.

Edit : You were very close with spelling too, it's Betws-Y-Coed. I'm not sure what it's full translation into english is, all I know is coed is forest.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I've been rock climbing a few times in the Besty-co-ed area. Awesome roads for loads of Trophys to drive up and down all day long! :)

I could well be interested in popping up there! I'll have the Orb fitted by then too! \:D/

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik5i1ver said:
^^ Correct, that's exactly the area I stay in.. We normally stay at this campsite: click here It's pretty basic - no electricity in the barn where the toilets are but it's a good laugh.. there are plenty of other places to stay anyway..

We go biking here Trail Location Trail Map

hoolio said:
Cheeky barsteward :evil:
:lol: :lol: ... prove me wrong by coming.. :D

Sounds pretty good, a weekend does have more appeal but being an old fart i like my creature comforts so may have to be a BnB. I wish my place was bigger as it would be good to get some here for food beers etc and not worry about driving but it's tiny.