Reaction score
The new dash looks cool enough, but straight ahead speed is no better according to the spec and certainly the handling won't measure up as well?
Love this sentence describing the exterior...
"From the outside New Clio Renaultsport 197 screams power and energy" ...hmm, ok :?
Maybe it'll grow on me (not like fungus but in a good way!) although right now it'd need to be one hell of a test drive to convince me to part with my Trophy.

Day

Reaction score
I reckon It's going to be a cracker.

Shame that depreciation is going to hit the Trophy hard, but at least you guys will know how I felt LOL

Reaction score
Day said:

Shame that depreciation is going to hit the Trophy hard, but at least you guys will know how I felt LOL

i very much doubt it m8 ,the trophy will be a future classic with its limited 500 build .

as for the 197 what fuckin joke its fuckin hideous wtf happened to the 200bhp version that was getting mentioned ,oh wait renault will wait till they sell these 1's first then piss every 1 off by releasing another version thats faster again , us gulable brits are to easy for the french wanks that rob fuck out us all with there pishy buld quality cars and ever changing models . id also like to say it looks even more of a poof chariot than any other version of the clio i hope it doesnt sell ,or renault bring out a more manly version with 2.0 turbo engine and 250bhp then ill praise it but untill then i think its SHITE

Reaction score
I don't think I would ever consider spending 16.5k on a clio thats going to have a different spec every 6 months. The price will help to keep Trophy prices quite high.

I think It looks ok and when they bring one out with recaros and start discounting them heavily it might then be worth considering. I'm interested to see what the Corsa VXR is like when it is released, although I have no plans to seel the Trophy anytime soon.

Reaction score
=CatasTrophy= said:
Day said:

i very much doubt it m8 ,the trophy will be a future classic with its limited 500 build .

as for the 197 what fuckin joke its fuckin hideous wtf happened to the 200bhp version that was getting mentioned ,oh wait renault will wait till they sell these 1's first then **** every 1 off by releasing another version thats faster again , us gulable brits are to easy for the french wanks that rob **** out us all with there pishy buld quality cars and ever changing models . id also like to say it looks even more of a poof chariot than any other version of the clio i hope it doesnt sell ,or renault bring out a more manly version with 2.0 turbo engine and 250bhp then ill praise it but untill then i think its SHITE

But all things being equal, otherwise you're having a good day? :shock: :wink:

Reaction score
I think it's really nice but at a weight of 1240 kilos that 159bhp per tonne :x

Day

Reaction score
The Renaultsport 172 Exclusive is even more limited edition than the Trophy - 172 produced exactly.

So we've just proved then that limited numbers make no difference - nobody remembers that car do they ;)

You can kid yourselves all you like, the Trophy will depreciate at a similar rate to all the others in the Renaultsport range!

I hope they do because I'll be in the market for a Trophy late next year ;)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah but the 172 Exclusive was a parts bin special :wink:

Oh and it was GREEN!

To be honest nobody thinks the Trophy will hold its value, its a Renault Clio, it will depreciate at a stupid rate. However, as has been seen with the 172 Cup, I expect they will attract a marginally higher second hand price because of its more track focussed appeal.

Day

Reaction score
Trophy not a parts bin special?

How many V6 spoilers do you think they had left over in Dieppe? ;)

They even used up all the Authentique interiors...

Reaction score
Yeah the weight is going to be the big problem for the Mk3, 1240kg is very heavy for a hatchback, gone are the days of the lightweight pocket rocket.

Really interested in the 6-speed box, I notice that the 197 also uses an F4R engine, I wonder if the g'box will fit in the Trophy?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL probably quite true on those parts.

They definitely had lots of bottom of the range wiper stalks left over thats for sure..... what other reason could there be for not fitting the variable wipe one!

Reaction score
Well i watched the video and to be honest i think it looks rubbish! Seems to have lost it's sporty edge and appeal! I will not even consider changing unless something similar to the Trophy is bought out but with more power than the 197 has. Interior looks good but thats it!

Reaction score
I cant see how that could compeat with a trophy on the road. It's focused only on interior cosmetics and forcing technology into somthing that doesnt make the most out of it > rear diffuser, Brembo breaks (it only does 134mph!).

If Renault wanted to they could make something to wipe the floor with the Trophy but this new Renaultsport (if you want to call it that being it's so bloomin heavy) is nothing special.

I'm waiting till they bring this thing out to buy...

http://www.renault-sport.com/en/circuit ... 9sentation

All I can really say is if you want to trade a Trophy/172/182/ for the new RS clio you must be mad!

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Well i watched the video and to be honest i think it looks rubbish! Seems to have lost it's sporty edge and appeal! I will not even consider changing unless something similar to the Trophy is bought out but with more power than the 197 has. Interior looks good but thats it!

Yup, I watched it too and think it just looks a bit dry. The trophy has a real tastey aggressive sports look where as the 197 just seems plain.

i've just put my 7.5k into a 182 cup, so whether I was stupid or not I prefer it to the 197!!

Day

Reaction score
The guy in one of the video clips looks like Will Young... I hope Renault are not trying to say something...

Reaction score
I've heard people say a couple of times about the top speed. How often do you go over 134 anyway??