Reaction score
Sorry guys, it's simply madness over here at the moment.

Here are some pics to keep you happy ;)

car1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Sheds :wink:

Trophies.jpg

3.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but what is the deal regarding the exhaust, does it have to be used with a decat? If so that presents problems for me and the Orbisoud.

Reaction score
Looks good doesn't it Hoolio. Last time he said it would be fine with a sports cat. I guess there might be a few less horses. I'd be interested in the power differences between sports cat and decat and between the RS2 and the extra?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes it really does and would already have it had it not been for the Orb and that I thought there was more development there. As for the orb I did wonder whether it would be possible to have a manifold to back box pipe made up, it would just be a straight pipe after all.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That would be a good idea having a manifold to back box pipe made up, it would be easy swapping it over for MOT's too as the cat/centre section is always the hardest to seal and your system does away with that. Shouldn't cost so much to get made up either. (tup)

I dont think the RS2 extra will be going on sale, at least not yet.

Quote from Tom...
"Since development of the kit began we have encountered a few resonance issues in the increased runner length. As a result the output of the kit became wildly inconsistent from car to car, with Nicks & another making similar figures, but with my own 182 producing now real significant gain. As I have always stated the kit will not be sold unless it can produce reliable 'worth while' increases over the RS2 stock. Whilst we completed the workshop move and invested in some new facilities we placed the development on hold."

Reaction score
Trophy No.
RE: Cat

I'm 99% sure when I spoke o him at FCS last year it was decat only. I think they have since found a way to work around it..

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Yes it really does and would already have it had it not been for the Orb and that I thought there was more development there. As for the orb I did wonder whether it would be possible to have a manifold to back box pipe made up, it would just be a straight pipe after all.

hoolio this is exactly what im having done by tom and james at the moment. Basically im having a 2.5'' stainless pipe fabricated which runs direct from the manifold back to the rear silencers so does away with the cat/decat and central silencer(RS192 system)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The trophy's cat is a sports cat not a standard road cat - all 182's qualify as sports cats due to them being 200 cell not 400 cell iirc.

Reaction score
Quote from Tom...
"Since development of the kit began we have encountered a few resonance issues in the increased runner length. As a result the output of the kit became wildly inconsistent from car to car, with Nicks & another making similar figures, but with my own 182 producing now real significant gain. As I have always stated the kit will not be sold unless it can produce reliable 'worth while' increases over the RS2 stock. Whilst we completed the workshop move and invested in some new facilities we placed the development on hold."

It would be interesting to know whether this is a mechanical vibration issue or airflow resonacne. Quite a few cars have the former problem and it is generally solved by a support bracket up to the intake end of the runners - it would appear that quite minor vibrations can upset the injectors (even worse on carburettors, hence most Webers are flexibly mounted).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam_K said:
hoolio said:

hoolio this is exactly what im having done by tom and james at the moment. Basically im having a 2.5'' stainless pipe fabricated which runs direct from the manifold back to the rear silencers so does away with the cat/decat and central silencer(RS192 system)

That's interesting can you let me know all the info you have on that, price, noise issues do they expect extra drone from a long unbroken pipe etc

I would really like this but I'm really not sure I can justify with the miles I do having just crashed through the 13k barrier. :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Sam_K said:
hoolio said:

That's interesting can you let me know all the info you have on that, price, noise issues do they expect extra drone from a long unbroken pipe etc

I would really like this but I'm really not sure I can justify with the miles I do having just crashed through the 13k barrier. :)

Yep will do, as soon as i get the car back will do a little write up anyway. Hopefully Tom may have taken some photos as well so will post them up if possible too. Im not expecting it to be quiet if im honest lol but it will give the rs2 its maximum performance gains im guessing?

13k :shock:

Reaction score
Spoke to Tom@JMS yesterday, my car is all finished. However wont be picking up until next week as the guy who fabricates the exhaust etc is really really busy finishing off some rollcages or something. Booked in at RStuning for the 2nd june. :D :D

Reaction score
Picked her up last night and I am very happy :D

Still needs its mapping session but the xtra torque low down is instantly noitcable 8) My exhaust now is a bit louder, but soo raspy which i love!

On the whole i absolutley love it!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool 8)

Let us know how you get on after the mapping. There was a mix up with mine and it wasn't posted afer all, should be sent any day now just waiting on the coil pack mount.