Reaction score
Looks to me like that graph is right with what iv seen, you have more torque low down and drops off after with the hp taking over on higher rpm, should drive rather well as it looks like it has a smooth constant power delivery so no 5k kick.

Whats next then after your timings checked? It would be good to see if timing is an issue but i have doubts. One thing iv yet to see is how this RS2 will perform with cams such as the 428's and what the idle will be like on these too, speaking of which whats the idle like now you have the RS2 fitted and what do you think of the drive after the change?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hmmm, i'd expect torque to hold out more due to the freer flowing inlet but its fairly flat but it's coming in earlier - which you'll notice under acceleration.

Very surprised at the power result, it's dropped :shock: .. slightly more linear delivery of power than mine (paul did it a couple of years back after the inlet change by angleworks and the maxogen being fitted etc) but similar power result, which i wasn't expecting..... i'll stick it up for you to compare if it isn't already on here...

Was the engine fully up to temp?
Warm day?
did he have the fan on? etc...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
liam1610 said:
Looks to me like that graph is right with what iv seen, you have more torque low down and drops off after with the hp taking over on higher rpm, should drive rather well as it looks like it has a smooth constant power delivery so no 5k kick.

Whats next then after your timings checked? It would be good to see if timing is an issue but i have doubts. One thing iv yet to see is how this RS2 will perform with cams such as the 428's and what the idle will be like on these too, speaking of which whats the idle like now you have the RS2 fitted and what do you think of the drive afte r the change?

Really? I understood that although the unit is much more about the delivery of the power rather than outright improved muscle I suspect that sales would be very low with no improvement at all.

Reaction score
I cant see the graph but I think there are a few " mixed " results but to be fair the F4r's seem to be a bit of a lottery when it comes to tuning them.
Ben I assumed you had the cambelt done after it was last mapped ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cambelt was done at NW performance.

It's booked in at Birchdown on 10th August for Annual sevice and have the timing looked at and i'll go from there.

Still runs like a dream but I expected more power and torque to be honest.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Whats next then after your timings checked? It would be good to see if timing is an issue but i have doubts. One thing iv yet to see is how this RS2 will perform with cams such as the 428's and what the idle will be like on these too, speaking of which whats the idle like now you have the RS2 fitted and what do you think of the drive after the change?
Once the timing is checked i'll have the compression tested to rule out any gasket or valve leakage.

It drives very well and certainly feels quicker the low down torque is very nice, foot to the floor in 5th gear is very impressive, feels a hell of alot better after the remap, pulls really well and feels very smooth. The way the car drives is excellent, the results however are not considering the cost but I will rule out as much as I can before excepting the figures.

The idle has improved and I think it must have been increased a little as it idles at 1000rpm now. Before the remap it didn't start so well but it's perfect now.

Reaction score
BenG said:
Cambelt was done at NW performance.

It's booked in at Birchdown on 10th August for Annual sevice and have the timing looked at and i'll go from there.

Still runs like a dream but I expected more power and torque to be honest.

I didnt want to assume it was done there, & as such resisted my temptation to put your location, & their location together, but i bet £10 (payable via Paypal) that your timing is out.

Why? Well this is a picture of a cambelt they did on a well known ClioSport members car:

d9903278.jpg

And yes, that is the cambelt locking tool, on top of the battery.

I've also bought two ex-NWP serviced cars to break after cambelt snap/slip. Idiots.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dave - You don't know how hard it was for me to admit that to you, I've seen your post above on CS.

The shame :oops:

I'll hold you to that bet though :)

Reaction score
Steve and Andy will sort it out at Birchdown ;D

They did my cambelt and did a compression test on mine last time I was there, so that I know everything is healthy :D

Reaction score
There is still the unanswered issue that the inlet cam advances at 1,500 rpm and then retards at 6,500 (per workshop manual iirc). This must affect the top end, and should be possible to map out - I spoke to Paul several years ago about this and he did not seem to know. Having recenty had my DC5 re-mapped where both pre and post V tec cam angle can be changed by up to 50 degrees every 500 rpm, there is no doubt that it is relevant.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, timing is spot on.

I need to check the compression, just need to get hold of a cylinder compression tester thingy, which Dave is kindy contributing £10 towards :wink: .

Other than that all I can think of is that exhaust was blowing quite a bit when it was mapped and it was a very hot day, at least 25 degrees.

Reaction score
Cue said:
George - is this purely a software issue to your knowledge or hardware?

I would guess software, but do not have enough info to be sure. Perhaps RS Tuner may know?