Reaction score
Im planning to get it early next year. I need that sound in my life!

Reaction score
Still waiting for some legend to post clips of the JMS kit being rinced (or driven normally in my case) would love to go down this route if i had the available funds.

Reaction score
Fancying one myself, spoke to Tom in detail about it at fcs and it looks brilliant. Just wondering whether to get the xtra and change to a carbon or fiberglass bonnet and chop the slam panel away

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I saw it at fcs and had a good chat to tom about it.
It does look pretty cool tbh, and the £/bhp is as good as you'll get without supercharging etc.
Makes me wish I hadnt spent load on filters and exhausts etc, and just saved up for that.

My only concern is the end cylinder getting enough air / the right mixture.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If I bought this kit in kit form and had RS Tuning remap the ECU I could have this done for under £1500 as I already have the engine mounts fitted, however, I have already had a custom remap which cost around £350 and along with the ITG and exhaust the engine now produces 180bhp - 157ft/lb torque so I would be paying £1500 for a 12bhp increase and the £350 I spent having the ECU remapped would have been wasted. It's not worth it for me unfortunately.

I am impressed with what I have read about this kit and I love the fact that it is a 'direct replacement for the stock intake manifold' and 'retains all the features of a standard car' whilst 'performing at output levels close to existing ITB kits'. Excellent! :D

I want one. :)

Reaction score
^^^ £350 on a remap :S should have got an rstuner half the price and ive got launch control. As for £1500 for 12bhp?? very odd statement tbh i cant see the rs2 giving any car less than a 25bhp increase.

Reaction score
MonkeyKnifeFight said:
^^^ £350 on a remap :S should have got an rstuner half the price and ive got launch control. As for £1500 for 12bhp?? very odd statement tbh i cant see the rs2 giving any car less than a 25bhp increase.

I think the point was that he already has a live map and will only gain between 10-15bhp as part of the increase of the inlet is the live mapping

IMO- it is about the better power delivery, I'd you look at the power graphs they have an extremely smooth power curve which should mean a very good car to drive and the noise is similar to itb's

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
On a standard engine with this kit fitted you will see some excellent gains for the price. I know its not just the max power figures we're talking about and the low down torque delivery and smooth power curve will improve the driveability of the car. I would love to have this kit fitted and if my engine was standard and was looking to improve the performance I would have probably ordered one already :) . I just can't face wasting the money I have already spent on engine modifications.

Reaction score
Have JMS changed their website address as everytime i attempt to go on it, it says "our website is currently undergoing a re-fresh"??

What kind of power gains could you expect from this modification in terms of extra BHP and torque??

Elliott.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have to admit I've been seriously thinking about this for the last couple of months but like Ben I have a bunch of mods that will be made obsolete and can i really justify the expense on a car that is driven 2-3000 miles a year, mmmm.

Also like Aucky I was concerned about the about the distribution of air between the cylinders and was told it was not an issue, all to do with airflow blah blah blah, I supposeI ought to renew my CS membership and do some more research.

Reaction score
moono16v said:
Have JMS changed their website address as everytime i attempt to go on it, it says "our website is currently undergoing a re-fresh"??

What kind of power gains could you expect from this modification in terms of extra BHP and torque??

Elliott.

Jms's 182 made 191.6 from 166.9 the 182 was also decatted

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bollocks, I just got got around to listening to that utube link #-o that sound................................................

Reaction score
Jules - with your Orb and other mods, I'd be surpised if you could hear anything else!