Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Matt X2C said:
Sure the R26 R is great...

However,

If it was on road tyres (like every other FWD car) rather than R888's how much faster would it actually be than an R26 at the ring?

I tink sometimes people forget that the biggest and easiest thing was changed by Renault - the tyres. Without this I really don't see it as much improved over the R26.

That's pretty much the main reason they're available as an option isn't it? So they can say their "regular" buy it from the factory R26.R went around the 'ring in such and such a time.

Yeah I suppose - they don't fool me though. :lol:

Reaction score
Destined for Victory said:
I drove the R26 and i was hugely dissapointed to say how much i was looking forward to trying one out they grip so well but they just dont corner like a trophy, the R26R on the other hand certainly sounds intresting but its not my cup of tea really and as my T will be packing over 250 horses in the very near future i dont think i'll be needing to look into getting something else for a while :D

R26's are very capable in the corners, but it's quite different to the Trophy and until you have some experience of the way they behave you'll think they're slower.

What plans do you have to get 250hp??

Reaction score
250 bhp in a Trophy will be interesting.

A guy in the Honda club I am in has an ek9 with 375bhp from a supercharged 1.6 vtec. It is awesome.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
I think titanium exhaust and roll cage are essential to future resale value. I think there will be a market for these from the kind of people who, up until now, would have trackdayed a GT3 RS and are feeling the pinch.

My only concern is that the honeymoon period between old shape and new shape Megane will not last long enough to save the residuals on the R26-R. Whereas the Clio V6255 was always considered a completely different car to the old / new model Clios.

Hence, if you don't mind the shape they could be a real bargain in a few months and likely all be fairly low mileage.

If they were to track along the lines of the prices of Clio 182 / V6255, E.g 2005 182 £5500 / 2005 V6255 £11000 look at the price of the equivalent R26 and double it... seems unlikely!

I agree apart from the exhaust. How much extra are people really going to pay for one? Certainly not the £2K it costs as an option. I'm guessing there will be a lot of them around with roll cages but switched to normal tyres too?

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a dealer to price one up, my local has just told me red wheels arent an option on a megane, and they would have to be painted by a wheel company!!!!
Which dealers have people had prices from, any Essex based ones??

Reaction score
I'd want to go all out, otherwise, you might as well buy a megane and take the seats out. I'd want Black, Red Wheels, with the stickers, Climate, red cage and the exhaust! Greedy i know, i think the white goes with the carbon better, but not the red wheels (i think black wheels are a bit normal now). Open to ridicule now i spose, but thats how i liked it!
Even managed to convert my brother from his golf, as he's now tempted too! So some lucky dealer, might have a pair to order up if they're helpful enough!!

Reaction score
250 bhp in a Trophy sounds mental... will that require arms of steel to keep it in a straight line? :?

If I was buying the Meggy brand new, I have to say that I'd be doubtfull over the Ti exhaust.. I would probably go for the cage though.. After all, it's not as if you can do anything else with the space and it should help to further stiffen the car up. Plus I'd feel the necessity to have the cage on the grounds of having harnesses - in the event of a roll..

Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
I'd want to go all out, otherwise, you might as well buy a megane and take the seats out. I'd want Black, Red Wheels, with the stickers, Climate, red cage and the exhaust! Greedy i know, i think the white goes with the carbon better, but not the red wheels (i think black wheels are a bit normal now). Open to ridicule now i spose, but thats how i liked it!
Even managed to convert my brother from his golf, as he's now tempted too! So some lucky dealer, might have a pair to order up if they're helpful enough!!

I thought you were feeling strapped for cash and the Trophy might have been shifting, let alone buying an R26R?!?! :shock:

Reaction score
We're looking at going from two cars to one, so that would free up some capitol, and also means there'd only be one lot of insurance/tax etc. As it is what it is, i'd be less likely to drive it to work everyday, which would also save me money (and get me fit again) I think its special enough to get that weekend job for too, i'm not saying the trophy isn't special, but this has got all the bits i'd love to do to the trophy (but don't want to change it), i quite like the idea of a production car with a roll cage, i think its one of those cars you'll look back on in years to come, and it'd be nice to say i've had one!!

Reaction score
I promise you, you're completely wrong. Keep the Trophy!

Don't forget how pig ugly the back of the Megane is......

If you wait a year you'll be able to afford an R26.R (if you really must have a Megane) and keep the Trophy.

I bet you that you will always prefer the Trophy as a driver's car for every day and fast days and track days. The R26.R will prove to be frustrating because you will want to use it 110% all the time, whereas the Trophy is fun even when you drive it like a granny.

Reaction score
I d go for the blue with titanium exhaust plus red wheels. If I was looking for an R26 any colour, expecially yellow.

My pal has a VXR Ring edition and he is tempted too. Only thing putting him off is the lack of mods you can do to the Meg. 40 year old engineer reliving his youth! Other words too much money!

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
What car you got Destined for Victory?

Or am I an idiot because I cant work out your cryptic message?

I d expect, at the current rate of depreciation to see 57 plate R26s with sub 20k miles being had for around 10k in 12 months. To add to this, if R26Rs are being offerred at a discount then they will possibly have the same fate. Possibly be able to pick an R26R up for sub 14k?

Trophy though i like to test drive other RS's

My plans for it are what you might think a "grey area" its neither a Turbo Conversion or TB Conversion which i have both looked into but either of these would require a bit more money, you may well guess what it is and i can see most people wanting to disagree but at the end of the day its my choice as much as i love the trophy, the power it has isnt enough for me i want something a bit more mental.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:

I d expect, at the current rate of depreciation to see 57 plate R26s with sub 20k miles being had for around 10k in 12 months. To add to this, if R26Rs are being offerred at a discount then they will possibly have the same fate. Possibly be able to pick an R26R up for sub 14k?

My plans for it are what you might think a "grey area" its neither a Turbo Conversion or TB Conversion which i have both looked into but either of these would require a bit more money, you may well guess what it is and i can see most people wanting to disagree but at the end of the day its my choice as much as i love the trophy, the power it has isnt enough for me i want something a bit more mental.

Supercharged?

For those thinking of an R26R - surely it wouldn't be too hard to find out who makes the Titanium exhaust (as its obviously not Renault :lol: ) and go direct to them for it. Would save a fair bit of cash, although Renault would be knocking plenty of money off the car anyway so you would effectively get a free exhaust and more.

Reaction score
After speaking to the Ilford dealer, who was not willing to budge on the price, and seems to think the cage is a dealer fit accessory, and offering me £4000 for my trophy, i walked out quite disheartenedray c!
At full price, as people say, it does open up a lot of very nice cars, and is even knocking on the door of Focus RS money, my brother is still tempted though, and he's only a mission to find a helpful dealer.

My worry with waiting a year, is due to how many of them being made, the chances of finding one will be slim, but on the other hand, theres always Trophy's for sale, so maybe it won't be the problem i dread.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:

Aaahhhh, So the first jet powered Trophy.

Reaction score
:lol: @ hoolio

Destined for Victory -

Well if it's not going to be throttle bodies or a turbo there's only 2 options left. Supercharger or transplant!! No one has even suggested it wasn't your choice so far, I was just interested. VAG 1.8T has been done before, either way it'll be fun for a while. Are you going to do the work yourself?