Reaction score
yeah you can ive got a nitrous kit kicking around my garage with an 11 lbs bottle and you can go to 200 hp of nitrous max with that, ive spoke to 2 guys at wizards of nos im looking at getting a progressive nitrous system with around 75 hp which they said the engine would be able to take no problems if you dont abuse it like so many people do and end up with problems or just run insane amount of nitrous they also said theyd done a fair few RS's, plus progressive nitrous just wont dump it all in one go.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Destined for Victory said:
well the plan is progressive nitrous..

Might be a good idea to start another thread on this, i expect a few will have something to say about it.

Reaction score
I think it sounds interesting, though, not knowing exactly how nitrous works, I would find it a little unnerving.. Can it realistically be used for anything more than simply straight line speed? - Could you exercise enough precise control to use it between a series of bends?

Reaction score
i'll make a new topic... but i think it is possible as progressive nitrous isnt just dumped in one go to launch you, you can apply it gradually so i imagine its bit like driving a car thats turbo'd, if it wasnt the progressive system and it dumped all the nitrous in one go on a corner then you be rather dead

Reaction score
my feelings are if you you need to nitrous your trophy you should have bought a skyline. The car is widely regarded as the best car of its type and size ever sold because of its engine and chassis combo. Im obviously not a modder but i appreciate its a great way to personalise your motor, however i really think your missing the point of the car if you want to stick that much power through the wheels. Much better idea is to further renaults philosophy and strip the car out, ditch the sound proofing and all the other crap you dont need. Cheaper, lighter, sharper, faster, and i can guarantee, more reliable than any tuning mod.

Reaction score
jenks04 said:
my feelings are if you you need to nitrous your trophy you should have bought a skyline. The car is widely regarded as the best car of its type and size ever sold because of its engine and chassis combo. Im obviously not a modder but i appreciate its a great way to personalise your motor, however i really think your missing the point of the car if you want to stick that much power through the wheels. Much better idea is to further renaults philosophy and strip the car out, ditch the sound proofing and all the other crap you dont need. Cheaper, lighter, sharper, faster, and i can guarantee, more reliable than any tuning mod.

ive looked at a skyline but its not the best time to sell a trophy right now things have lost value plus a skyline isnt an everyday car where as the trophy is and i already have the other space taken up by my other car

Reaction score
250bhp with Nitrous is not 250bhp in my opinion - you can't go telling people you have 250bhp as when it runs out or when you don't use it, you don't! With nitrous you aren't going to be able to go round track flying past other clio's all day like you could with TB's, because the nitrous will run out. Its useless for anything other than drag racing, and the trophy is the wrong car for it.

Out of interest though, how long does the progressive kit actually last? Does it shut off when you lift the throttle? How much power does it actually give? I would be very doubtful of a 70/80bhp increase, as you only get them increases with the one shot that lasts 10 or so seconds for drag racing. Also, what else on the car needs uprating?

Not having a go, the first paragraph was my opinion, the second was me inquiring as I don't know too much about progressive systems.

Reaction score
I ve seen Nos on a 172 before, but it only gained 20bhp over standard and had all the regular mods as well.

Just buy an R26.

Well thats what I d do!!