Reaction score
time may be up for #356

just recently got married and possibly 356 may now be a little to small for our needs. The wife has her heart set on me getting a 330CI or 330 convertible, cos it looks "posh", and i was thinking of going for a 230 R26.

BUT....... the question I want to throw out there is........ am I going to regret this most monumental decision in my life (bar deciding to get married :oops: )

should it stay or should it go?

Any opinions guys on this massive quandry will be an amazing help.

Reaction score
Shame you never got your 3 ***! This seems to be quite common these days...

Getting a Pug seems a little criminal. If you really do need to get one bigger car, they are so many better alternatives... ask Dallas, he bought a jet propelled barge :lol:

Reaction score
marrow said:
Shame you never got your 3 ***! This seems to be quite common these days...

Getting a Pug seems a little criminal. If you really do need to get one bigger car, they are so many better alternatives... ask Dallas, he bought a jet propelled barge :lol:

ohh... the 3 stars, i have got them but still cant remember my username and password for my 3 star account. I know cue gave it to me a while back but i kinda lost it again, then have been living away for a while and have not had the time to visit the site :oops: sooo extremely embarrassed about that.

Noooooo no pugs!!

The wife dont like the fact they look like they are made of tracing paper..... lol

Reaction score
Why not compromise, your wife wants a BMW and you want a performance car, get an E46 M3! Cheap as chips these days.

Reaction score
sorry, misread your post! BMW 330... posh? Well, posher than a Renault :D Probably very decent cars. Could do a lot worse, a Pug for example!

Reaction score
Could do a lot worse, a Pug for example

too true........ :lol:

Actually i was thinking of an E36 or E46 M3, but rilly dont wanna be tarred with the ever so present "c**k" brush.

The opinion is still quite prevelant when i speak to people.

Reaction score
I thought the current standing was that Audi have replaced BMW as c0ck drivers! I'm of the opinion that if the car is good then get it and not worry about what everyone else thinks. The BMW M3 is fantastic car.

Reaction score
chris172 said:
I've just gone from a 172 to a 230 R26 and its a great car, never driven a trophy but it is way ahead of the 172. and its quite refined too.

is it as tight to drive as the 172??

Reaction score
if you are meaning in stiffness, then yeah its loads stiffer no body roll in the corners at all, but it damps the big bumps and potholes brilliantly no spine shaking moments like the 172, was sure every time i hit a big bump in the clio bits fell of it ha. and the grip out of the corners with the lsd is fantastic, even in the wet. the build quality is a big step up too.

Reaction score
whats with the hostility towards pugs? ha! i've owned about 6 and loved.......most of them, my old 106 GTI was the best car i've ever owned!

Reaction score
chris172 said:
if you are meaning in stiffness, then yeah its loads stiffer no body roll in the corners at all, but it damps the big bumps and potholes brilliantly no spine shaking moments like the 172, was sure every time i hit a big bump in the clio bits fell of it ha. and the grip out of the corners with the lsd is fantastic, even in the wet. the build quality is a big step up too.

hmmm....... your really selling it to me at the mo =P~

Reaction score
BoroGTI said:
whats with the hostility towards pugs? ha! i've owned about 6 and loved.......most of them, my old 106 GTI was the best car i've ever owned!

no hostility...... just general dislike of anything with a lion badge on it ...... unless were talking about a T16 :wink:

Reaction score
BoroGTI said:

205/106/306 GTi's are good - very good. The rest.....

Reaction score
Best thing to do mate is go and have a drive of one, but i think you'll be inpressed, i took all of the medium size hot hatches out, and the R26 beat them as an all rounder hands down.

Reaction score
chris172 said:
Best thing to do mate is go and have a drive of one, but i think you'll be inpressed, i took all of the medium size hot hatches out, and the R26 beat them as an all rounder hands down.

sounds like a plan for the weekend.

but any experience in a beemer??

i kinda drove one 100 yards, so no real time to experience it.

people keep bleating at me "once you go RWD you'll never go back to anything else"

so im in a quandry :?: :?

Reaction score
Have driven many 1000s miles in an 08 118d - not exactly a 330 but... overall, great car - well made, nothing has fallen off in 34k miles.

Reaction score
marrow said:
Have driven many 1000s miles in an 08 118d - not exactly a 330 but... overall, great car - well made, nothing has fallen off in 34k miles.

balance? handling?

Reaction score
Vish356 said:
chris172 said:

sounds like a plan for the weekend.

but any experience in a beemer??

i kinda drove one 100 yards, so no real time to experience it.

people keep bleating at me "once you go RWD you'll never go back to anything else"

so im in a quandry :?: :?
The most talented drivers only drive FWD :D