Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ChrisB said:
Nice to see the solid build of the Clios there.... How did this accident squash the roof and A pillars?

I think the car landed on them :shock:

Reaction score
stupid question but can u have 3 point harnesses(or 4 etc) and still keep the original seat belts there?

Reaction score
davo172cup said:
stupid question but can u have 3 point harnesses(or 4 etc) and still keep the original seat belts there?

yes

The accident happened on a very fast road near me, speed of impact unknown, but he was shifting IMO

Reaction score
cheers fred, want some but the misses hates them so if i can have both harness and og belts that will be spot on!!!

Reaction score
I was hoping to put the harnesses in before Bedford this Friday but just realised I will need the rear seat at some point (as both instructor and GF will be in the car... she is hoping she can pick up some tips!)

Would like to drive carefully with GF in the back though as there aren't any headrests in the case of an accident...

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm not sure they'll let you out with someone in the back seats Oliie.

At the easytrack event this time last year at Bedford I was stopped from even driving round to the pit garages (via the track) at the start of the day with someone in the back seats.

Its normally front seat passenger only, I've never seen anyone in the back seats on a trackday.

Reaction score
Nik said:
I'm not sure they'll let you out with someone in the back seats Oliie.

At the easytrack event this time last year at Bedford I was stopped from even driving round to the pit garages (via the track) at the start of the day with someone in the back seats.

Its normally front seat passenger only, I've never seen anyone in the back seats on a trackday.

Makes sense Nik... for some reason I thought that since I paid for tuition and a passenger I could have all in the car at the same time!

One big happy family... ;)

O.

Reaction score
interesting thread. i thought i would pick up a cg lock for bedford on saturday, but apparently they need 2 weeks to send one out?! do they make them to order or something?

Day

Reaction score
Nik said:
Unlike the nurburgring where we happlily lapped five-up in a 5 series beemer :lol:

Reaction score
bought a cg lock on ebay last night with the proviso it was sent special delivery today. should come in useful

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
bought a cg lock on ebay last night with the proviso it was sent special delivery today. should come in useful

ive just fitted the cg-lock, but i'm a bit unsure as to if i have done it correctly. it seems to me that the slide comes off very easily when you are turning it to the off position, should this happen? also, when it is off, should the lap belt side around as if there is no cg-lock there, or should you have to pull it through to adjust?

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
[quote="dcw@pr":24i4ynyn]bought a cg lock on ebay last night with the proviso it was sent special delivery today. should come in useful

ive just fitted the cg-lock, but i'm a bit unsure as to if i have done it correctly. it seems to me that the slide comes off very easily when you are turning it to the off position, should this happen? also, when it is off, should the lap belt side around as if there is no cg-lock there, or should you have to pull it through to adjust?[/quote:24i4ynyn]

I always keep the slide lock on the on position - as you say it easily slides off. Use the side lever to loosen the grip on the belt to adjust.

7MAT

Reaction score
ok, i was just worried there was something wrong with mine. cheers. see you tomorrow i think?

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
ok, i was just worried there was something wrong with mine. cheers. see you tomorrow i think?

I'm not going tomorrow unfortuately but will be at Brands on the 18th - there is also a cliosport meet at Bluewater on the 12th I plan to go to.

7MAT

Reaction score
One would have thought a harness could use the existing seat belt points, simply have 'buckles' on the end of the straps that clip into the current seat belt connectors.....

Reaction score
SteveC said:
When i saw those photos for the first time, i was apparant that without the harnesses the accident could of been alot worse. At the end of the day a couple of broken thumbs badly sprained wrists and a nasty bump on the head was the outcome.

If that is not enough of a reason to get harnesses i dont know what is.

I cart-wheeled my LCR and walked away and I attirbute it solely to the fact that I have my seat bolt upright, so that when the car flipped I was pressed against the seat, the tensioners fired and just locked my in position and the airbags fired to protect my from knocking my body too much.

You could argue that the harness did help in this instance because, to wear a harness, you have to have you seat in the right position....

I bet a huge number of injuries from car crashes occur when the driver has their seat reclined to a stupid angle and sits 'leaning' forward (upright) with anything upto 12" of free space between their head and shoulders, and the seat!?!?!?

Sam

Reaction score
chiefsilverback said:
One would have thought a harness could use the existing seat belt points, simply have 'buckles' on the end of the straps that clip into the current seat belt connectors.....

Unfortunately not, i looked for ages for eye bolts that fit into the existing seat beat lugs, fia approved harness supply 7/16 eye bolts. They do however fit into the rear lugs in which attach the rear seat belt buckles...

hyb

Reaction score
So what's the score on this? Is there a harness available that'll go nicely in the trophy using exsisting bolts?

Sam

Reaction score
hyb said:
So what's the score on this? Is there a harness available that'll go nicely in the trophy using exsisting bolts?

Basically no!!

I'm using sabelt 3" 3point harnesses with eyebolts.. The rear single point of the harness the eyebolt uses the rear seat belt buckle attachment point (I’ve removed the rear buckles completely, excuse for not being a taxi :lol: ).

The lap belts: I’ve had to drill a 11mm hole in the black sub frames of the recaros (sluggers idea I must add), still using the 7/16 eye bolts with a washer and locking nut.

After anglesey I’d never go back to driving a hatch around a track without them!! The real benefit is under braking and hard sharp corners!!!

Reaction score
For want of better words I shall reference to the 'buckle' on the actual seat belt as the 'plug' and the recepticle into which we plug it (with the red release button) as the 'socket'.

I just can't understand that!?!? Surely you could fashion a harness that used the seat belt 'plugs' so you could just click it into the sockets which should be bolted to the chassis rather firmly!?!?!?

If they don't exist maybe there's an opportunity here for a ClioTrophy invention?