Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Oh I see, I get this, I just keep the wipers going a bit longer than the wash program does, that way you don't get a streaky windscreen either.

Above 60? I hope this was on a de-restricted dual carriage-way young man?

no, i have personal test track. No-one else can use it unless they pay me a toll charge :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Oh I see, I get this, I just keep the wipers going a bit longer than the wash program does, that way you don't get a streaky windscreen either.

Above 60? I hope this was on a de-restricted dual carriage-way young man?

Of course.

Yeah it bugs me cos you get a perfectly clean windscreen and then little bits splash up and dry and then you need to wash it again. aaaahhhh

I dont think i would get one but is there a single wiper blade conversion.(Thats what I thought every one was on about when i first joined the forum and saw all the stalk posts :oops: )

Reaction score
well ive just walked out of the dealers piisin myself , my trophy is booked in for a service and i asked about this wiper stock being replaced when its in , first of the guy at parts says it wont work and if order 1 there will be no refund if its the wrong 1 , he recons there is a few diff part numbers and that the centre part will not have the plug in for the intermittn stock .Pfffffffff so i wanted to find out how much to fit it and they quoted me £500 :shock: :shock: the tech recons it wont work and that the main part would need changed ...

after explaining that 50% of owners from this club have done the mod he recons doesnt work i walked out laughing feckin muppets !!!!!

whats the correct Part number for the stock i need ? and does it fuction as it should when changed ??

Reaction score
=CatasTrophy= said:
well ive just walked out of the dealers piisin myself , my trophy is booked in for a service and i asked about this wiper stock being replaced when its in , first of the guy at parts says it wont work and if order 1 there will be no refund if its the wrong 1 , he recons there is a few diff part numbers and that the centre part will not have the plug in for the intermittn stock .Pfffffffff so i wanted to find out how much to fit it and they quoted me £500 :shock: :shock: the tech recons it wont work and that the main part would need changed ...

after explaining that 50% of owners from this club have done the mod he recons doesnt work i walked out laughing feckin muppets !!!!!

whats the correct Part number for the stock i need ? and does it fuction as it should when changed ??

£500.

Please post his e-mail address so we can all forward our opinions of his 'knowledge' on this subject and his estimated labour costs for what should be, to a qualified mechanic, 5 minutes work. I estimate that at £6000 p.h.

Thucking Fieves.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
=CatasTrophy= said:

Think we concluded part no. 7701051763 and for £500 i'll come to your house and do it and make the coffee.

Reaction score
am i the only one who can put up with the standard wiper stalk? :lol:
It doesn't annoy me at all. Think it was the same in my old car so im used to it

Reaction score
So Rich_16V is the person to get one from,

whats the best way to get in touch with him and get one ordered?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
just pm him on this site, he seems to check in every couple of days.

Reaction score
i actually stood at the desk and pissed myself laughing , first at the quote for a 1st service which was £189 + vat ,then i spent 30 mins debating the wiper stock with the parts guy who said that i could not just change the stock as it wouldnt work ,then when i asked for a price to get it fitted the girl at the service desk went to speak with the tech in the garage and came back with a price of £500 to do it and get it to work ..

I actually felt as if they all thought i was stupid or summit for asking to have this part changed .

i have since called them back and cancelled my service with them and asked to speak with manager,whom i informed ,that i wont ever use that garage due to him continually employing muppets that dont have a feckin clue , its the local dealers to me and its handy being 5 mins away in Grangemouth , but i just dont have any confidence about my car going in there or with the level of service u get there ,, very very very Poor ..

I was always led to believe that all Renault main dealers costs were the same for services but its amazing how much it varies from dealer to dealer :evil:

also the 1 most local to me is the dearest by over £20 for a 1st service robin cnuts :x

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
omg, i wonder if you can sue them for that faulse info that is obviously incorrect - that's lying to gain profit, illegal?

As a person who has done this i can only say to anyone reading this, thinking 'should I, shouldn't I'.... do not trust Reno steelers. It's a 5 minute job. All the software is inbuilt into the car - you just need a wiper stalk, I think 30% of reno's come with a stalk that fit's.. the clio dynamic is the easiest to find though. It's a straight swap... plug and play basically.....

This is the worst thing i've heard a steeler say - that is just a complete lie they've told !!! (swear)

Reaction score
fitted the new stalk but it aint giving me any adjustment on the intermittant range :evil: - so whats wrong? seeting 2 only works when the bezel is maxed out and the 3 rd click down on the stalk (i take it that this is the intermittant seeting) isnt even intermittant just a slow wipe with no adjustment!!!

Any help, ideas, advice , other....

cheers.

Reaction score
Right heres whats (or not!) happening.

stalk in position 0 = off
stalk in position 1 = fast wipe (only when the intermittant adjuster is turned to max\min)
stalk in position 2 = nothing
stalk in position 3 = slow wipe

but the front and back wash and wipe qwork as does the trip computer function!!!

I'm going to take it out and reinstall and see what happens.

Has anyoine installed the stalk a later number trophy (mines 450)?

Reaction score
Dsturbed said:
Right heres whats (or not!) happening.

stalk in position 0 = off
stalk in position 1 = fast wipe (only when the intermittant adjuster is turned to max\min)
stalk in position 2 = nothing
stalk in position 3 = slow wipe

but the front and back wash and wipe qwork as does the trip computer function!!!

I'm going to take it out and reinstall and see what happens.

Has anyoine installed the stalk a later number trophy (mines 450)?

Yeah mines #475, no problems here.

Reaction score
bugger!

Just noticed on the scanned photo from Ash (the first post on the wiper stalk sticky in the 'How To' forum) that i need connectors\terminals A1, A2 and A3 for intermittant, fast and slow wipe, but the block on the end of the stalk loom only has terminal in A (top row) 1,2, 4,6,7.
There are no contacts in A3 could this be my problem?