Reaction score
.......so wheres the best place to buy the 'proper' intermittant stalk?

i've checked ebay but no luck so far and i remember people where paying around £20 from some place.

any ideas?

cheers.

BTW - I've just hit the 10k mark!

Reaction score
Rich_16v on here and on CS (on CS more) is a good supplier.... i've bought from him as have a few others....

I'd recommend dropping him a PM on CS to see if he has any

Reaction score
10,000 miles with that poxy relay clicking. AAAaaaAAaargh!

I got mine from Rich_16V and it was 'as new' condition, looked like it had never been used. £25 well spent.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i bought mine from rich. i think he's waiting on some new stock at the mo, but it usually only takes him a couple of weeks to get back up to speed. He may have some now.

Reaction score
Steve said:
10,000 miles with that poxy relay clicking. AAAaaaAAaargh!
Possibly the most annoying thing in the whole world!!! Well almost.... Is there any way to quieten it??! (swear)

Reaction score
You could fill your glove box with expanding builders foam...or buy an intermittent wiper stalk.

Personally I'd go with the latter or it'll take you an age to dig your boiled sweets out.

Reaction score
must confess i've had a wiper stalk sat in the car ready to be changed over since before i bought this new one in December.... might get round to fitting it soon :lol:

Reaction score
i have noticed a clicking...does this mean i have the rubbish wiper stalk thing? Im hoping not to be able to hear a clicking when the yozzasport exhaust goes on :lol:

pardon my naivity, what is the difference between this and the better one?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you can adjust the intermittant timings with the upgrade, rather than just .2 of a milisecond between wipes.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt X2C said:
i have noticed a clicking...does this mean i have the rubbish wiper stalk thing?

pardon my naivity, what is the difference between this and the better one?

Basically it has a dial on the end that allows you to alter the period between the wipe when it's switched to the intermittant setting as apposed to the constant setting. :wink:

Edit; bugger, beaten to the post again :)

Reaction score
Yes, the relay click doesn't go it's just that you're not forced to have the standard 1 second setting where you either have the wipers going 19 to the dozen on on or clicking every fucking second on intermittent!

Please read the wiper stalk post, it's about 200 pages long as has lots of pictures!

I really thought everyone had this mod now? Strange.

Reaction score
I've had mine lying around, I've been too busy taking poncey photos of the car to fit it... :roll: Perhaps I might try getting some sound deadening and stuffing that around the relay... Probably not though!!

Reaction score
Mine is sitting next to me at the moment and i am waiting to meet up with nik and learn how! lol! I borrowed mine on a permanent basis from a dynamique in the scrapyard down my road! lol!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is it just me or does everyone find that water/rain gathers in a little pool under the passenger window wiper. This is so annoying!!!!

More annoying than the clicking and intermitent wiper speed!

:evil:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gazza said:
is it just me or does everyone find that water/rain gathers in a little pool under the passenger window wiper. This is so annoying!!!!

More annoying than the clicking and intermitent wiper speed!

:evil:

you don't get this at speeds over 60mph... the wind pushes it out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
maybe i descibed this badly, its not rain but when i use the washer jets to clean window

well i have permagard and i have ventured above 60mph. Just the once mind :wink:

Reaction score
Oh I see, I get this, I just keep the wipers going a bit longer than the wash program does, that way you don't get a streaky windscreen either.

Above 60? I hope this was on a de-restricted dual carriage-way young man?