Lol ;) How bizzarre, your stalk cost another 44 pounds!! :lol:

O.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
mattykimbo said:
:twisted:

Matt - welcome to the board.

I'm not too sure whether to laugh or cry at your post.

Perhaps you should also include in your letter of complaint:

1) Renault seem to have accidentally put on incredible (read: expensive) shocks and springs - better ask them to take them off!
2) Renault seem to have put on expensive, and light (compare to standard Clio) rims - better get these removed too!
3) Renault seem to have put in expensive (compared to stock) seats and rails - get them to remove these too!

You complain that a much cheaper Clio has various other features as standard (e.g. automatic lights). If you value these so much and feel the need to complain, why didn't you just go ahead and buy a Clio that had these features?

All of the features you want so badly and feel you must complain about cost money. Assuming Renault need to make a certain margin to justify the limited production of the car, would you rather they replace all of the above (number 1-3) with the features you want?

A seemingly simple wiper stalk with intermittent function is more expensive than one without – it has more moving parts and an extra piece of plastic. Tough, that’s manufacturing for you. Ok, it’s only a matter of a few Pounds I hear you say. But where do you stop? How do you squeeze what you can to get the margin back after fitting a suspension system that’s almost ten times more expensive than a standard units?

I'll take race engineered Sach dampers over auto sensing headlights any day, thanks.

If you're not happy because you don't have an engine cover (why on earth you find this an issue is beyond me) then perhaps the philosophy behind the Trophy is not for you (sorry).

Cheers
O.

Its not the fact about the engine cover being petty or the kittle things like not having auto lights cos i didnt particulary like them anyway!!

i didnt know they had based the trophy on the cup i thought it was as u call a full fat 182, i knew about the xenons as i asked about that and the climate control as i also asked about that.

ive been driving a clio 1.5dci for 3 years when i was looking at the trophy at time of purchase all i was interested in washow sexy it was and the power and handling, i didnt ask about intermitant wipe and engine covers as that is just daft all i cared about was this was the last trophy they had at my dealership, and u just expect the little luxuries to be there, in my happyness tho all i can say is thank f*** they didnt put a sunroof in ive had nowt but bother

dont get me wrong im in love with my new car and have scared myself a few times in only 60 miles of driving,the bloke at renault told me my trophy may need to be resetup to accomadate intermitant is that true or just hive trying to fob me off?? is the part number 77 01 051 763????

G

Mate i told you that Sunwin Renault were fucking useless, they are without doubt the biggest set of wankers that have ever sold cars.

you'll have to forgive stromba, hes never driven a trophy but can tell you more about it than i can - even though i'ev had one for 6 months, hes a lovely chap and he owns two old clio williams, which as he loves to say is way better than the trophy, but hes mates with the moderators (and has been since they were on cliosport) so you can moan all you like about him and they wont do squat.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i suppose if i wasn't privvy to thespecs of various 172's and 182's etc then i would be the same as mattykimbo. come on guys, cut him some slack.

King Stromba can be annoying, but i do think he livens things up a bit! Its just finding that fine line in being objective and argumentative.

by the way, i waxed my car again today. 8)

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Paul D said:
but hes mates with the moderators (and has been since they were on cliosport) so you can moan all you like about him and they wont do squat.

HA HA HA! You're kidding right? That has to be the funniest thing i've ever read.

Neither of the moderators know stromba or have ever met him. I've been at the same trackday as him once but we didn't speak. So how we can be mates i dont know. To be honest he was banned from cliosport before i even knew of him, so the cliosport thing is nonsense. (Sorry Stromba, but we've had a chat and none of the moderation team consider you as a mate, hope you're not to upset. :wink: )

We might not agree with some of the stuff he says, and yes it bores me to death sometimes as you'll see from most of my replies to his posts, but i'd rather that than personal insults which up to now is something he hasn't been guilty of on here. (I've had no complaints, but do PM me if you have evidence to the contrary).

We've removed quite a lot of posts he's made for certain reasons but unfortunately have had to do the same to yourself because of the insulting comments. All this does is make it harder to justify taking any action against him because in comparison he's done nothing wrong.

G

if thats the case why the fucking hell wont you delete my account like ive asked you to do twice before, as i said i have no interest in watching that lovely chap mouth off about any and everything he see's on here, then getting moaned at because i speak my mind, well if me speaking my mind upsets people whoop de fucking doo i really dont give a shit

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nobody is forcing you to log on Paul, if you're adamant you want to leave then just dont visit the site.

I wont ban you as I don't want you to stop visiting the site, as i've said before its nothing personal in any way. You just have to understand I cant have the language and insults on here thats all. I get more complaints about that than anything / anyone else.

You say you are speaking your mind, well thats all stromba is doing too to be fair. It's just his posts dont have loads of *'s all over them. (Although you are helping us to build up the swear filter so there's a positive side!!)

Reaction score
Paul D said:
Mate i told you that Sunwin Renault were ****** useless, they are without doubt the biggest set of wankers that have ever sold cars.

you'll have to forgive stromba, hes never driven a trophy but can tell you more about it than i can - even though i'ev had one for 6 months, hes a lovely chap and he owns two old clio williams, which as he loves to say is way better than the trophy, but hes mates with the moderators (and has been since they were on cliosport) so you can moan all you like about him and they wont do squat.

(offtopic)

Reaction score
Paul D said:
Mate i told you that Sunwin Renault were ****** useless, they are without doubt the biggest set of wankers that have ever sold cars.

I own three clio williams now.

Just picked up my 'clio cup' race spec track car 8)

Reaction score
King Stromba said:
I own three clio williams now.

Just picked up my 'clio cup' race spec track car 8)

You needed to get the race spec to take on the all conquering Trophy then. :evil: