Reaction score
#-o Did not realise that BTG in your first post was for bridge to gantry! Reckon you are right though, round about the 8:30 mark. Though you would have to have some big balls to try and hit this time on a public day though...

Reaction score
you guys done the Nurburgring before then?

i've never done it, but am planning on going this year if money goes well... we'll see what car I get as a run about and how much the Willy breaks first though! hehe

wonder if Sabine will take my car round for me... lol

Day

Reaction score
I've seen people with bags of talent struggle to get just under 9 mins in a Clio.

I'm happy enough going round in 12 lol

Reaction score
Did the 'ring for the first and only time (so far) last spring, awesome time, going out again this May.

Not sure about Sabine wanting to drive our cars though, she gets to drive the M5 ring taxi's around there nearly every weekend! 8)

Managed a 9:40 bridge to gantry time last year, in my phase 1 172, reckon I can take a whole lot of time out of that now I have perfected my lines in GT4 :lol:

I've got a vid of my second lap out there last year, i'll try to sort it out and post it on the forum with some other qulity 'ring vids in the near future :D

Day

Reaction score
Avoiding the barriers when going into a corner after the fastest downhill section on the planet... I can offer some advice and experience there :lol:

Reaction score
Day said:
Avoiding the barriers when going into a corner after the fastest downhill section on the planet... I can offer some advice and experience there :lol:

What's this all about? Were you driving, did you hit the barriers? :shock:

Reaction score
I know what you mean, it's a scary place if you forget exactly how fast you can go on any given stretch. Scariest for me when I first went were the tight left hander just after the old start finish line that is like the steep left hander at Cadwell Park only with no run off when you start understeering, and the left over the crest at Schwedenkreuz, where you're doing around 100 mph and get that awful feeling the car is on tiptoes and still hasn't finished rising ! There is always a car in the barriers on the right hand side there, having gone too fast and either understeered onto the grass or lifted off and gone onto the grass...
I'm fairly sure of what's coming up now as I go round the circuit, and there are bits I can take flat out in the Trophy I would never have dreamt of doing during my first 30 or 40 laps.
I'm down to around 9 minutes, but know there are at least half a dozen places - that left hander, flugplatz, schewdenkreuz, aremberg, metzgesfeld, karrussel, brunnchen, wippermann, the approach to mini karrussel, and the final right hander where at all of them there are seconds to gain when and if I find the bottle and the line....
Roll on the spring !

Reaction score
ChrisB said:
Roll on the spring !

:D Can't wait either! Would be very interesting to see what all the RS could do a BTG in - standard spec, same driver. I have a reasonable idea what the Cup would do, so would be nice to compare.