Reaction score
I'm uber impressed with my Carbon Lorraine's but would love to know how they compare to the Pagid's, I've heard the ferodo's lack bite ? Never tried them myself though ; we need a small group of people running different pads to get together for the afternoon somewhere to do a little report for us ;-)

Reaction score
Re: Brembo Disc Breaks

DrewBear11 said:
Has anyone got any experience of the ferodo ds2500's vs pagid blue, as the pagid's are almost twice the price !

Are they really worth the extra outlay ?

Yes, they are worth the extra outlay. I wouldn't touch the DS2500 again. I took them off my T after about 2,000 miles. I drove through town to work at the time and they are awful when cold. Ok for fast road but Pagid's are much better when cold and on track.

Reaction score
The last sprint at 3 sisters my ds2500 seemed to fade after a few runs which is very surprising as they are very short runs but maybe a quick succession of very hard braking glazed them but will be trying some pagids next.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
Some cheap discs over on cliosport i have ordered some HC's for £55 delivered..bargain

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=503446

HTH

Hello, That link wont work on my Cliosport account so im guessing it's due to my membership running out. Any chance you can tell us what the deal is or copy any of the links over so we can all have a lookwithout the £10 membership charge.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Alright everyone, im new to the site. Was given the heads up by "shiftspark", cheers mate.
Im the lad selling the brembo discs on the above link, if anyone wants any PM me over on cliosport i have the same username. I will have my own folder in the trader's section soon, again called "G 172".

cheers

G

Reaction score
As this is already about brakes whats good for rear pads or does everybody use standard reno jobbies

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
rear pads, i'd recommend upgrading to ds2500's but the disks are ok to remain standard... the pads don't last long enough in my opinion..

Reaction score
You may have to be a member to view mate. Im selling Brembo HC front discs for £55 or Brembo MAX for £75 both delivered by courier.
Regarding the noise, not noticed any difference. Its usually the more aggresive pads that tend to squeel etc.

cheers

George

Reaction score
I know what you're all going to say!!!! I bought a set of EBC yes I know EBC! drilled and grooved front discs and RedStuff pads for the T, I was going to buy brembo's but the EBC we're just so cheap off a friend that runs a car parts shop. The braking on them isn't too bad and I would say that they are better than standard regardless of what people say, the trouble is with them is that they are making a hell of a lot of noise, when the brake pedal isn't pressed and a noticeably louder noise when it is, which is totally getting on my nerves!!

I don't want to fork out more money for new discs and pads but I would replace one or the other.

Does anyone know if it's the pads or the discs making the noise???? anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
G 172 said:
You may have to be a member to view mate. Im selling Brembo HC front discs for £55 or Brembo MAX for £75 both delivered by courier.
Regarding the noise, not noticed any difference. Its usually the more aggresive pads that tend to squeel etc.

cheers

George

You may be able to help us out then, we have seen the ebay add for Brembo Discs but they advertise 2 types;

-5% & -8%

So what is the difference and which ones do you sell?

Reaction score
^ regarding them percentages you quoted there just promotions which that company have on at the min.

The two discs i sell are Brembo HC (high carbon content) which is a plain disc, and Brembo MAX which is HC and has grooves in the disc.

I can also source Brembo discs for other makes and models so PM me for a price. On cliosport more regular so will reply quicker if PM me on there.

cheers

G

Reaction score
I can get plain rear Brembo brake discs for the 172/182, they come complete with bearings pressed in but NO abs ring. I have been told you can re-use these rings. These are ideal if you have a 172 cup as no abs, but i obviously realise most of you have trophys. The price for these are £79.

cheers

G

Reaction score
This thread gave me some good ideas on the brembo rotors or the brembo disc brakes that you can find in the market today. This can be a good resources for me. I shall save this up for future purposes. Thanks!