Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Re: Brembo Disc Breaks

for the disks, then gsf are about as cheap as you'll find. for the pads (pagid) then questmead offer great deals but they only do AP and pagid iirc. Yozza for the ferodo stuff.

Reaction score

I know those discs! :lol:
I think I bought mine of that guy on eBay...I'll have to take a look to be sure.

Reaction score

I'm waiting hoping someone will bring out a 197 Brembo mono-block 4 pot conversion kit.

Reaction score

Thanks for the response, it was really helpful. Are there any Trophy trackdays planned? Would be interested to meet up with all you guys and sort the men from the boys :^o

Reaction score
Trophy No.

Yeah that would be a good meet - think brakes are my first area of improvement before I consider the track. Standard setup on RS Clios seem very poor from what i've experienced in my first 2 weeks of owning the Trophy.

Reaction score

I just recently bought some Brembo Max discs from GSF on ebay, had an offer of £90 accepted so i ended up paying £96 delivered.

Reaction score

I've been a passenger around Bedford in a T with 4pots and from the passenger seat, they were amazing in a different league compared to standard or uprated pads! The car was partly stripped inside + had a CF bonnet. Can't remember the owner's name.

Reaction score

jsthomson said:
Can anyone help with this question!!!!!

wigstar1 said:
Whats all the -5% and -8% about???

jsthomson

I'd still be keen to know too. I've even asked the seller on ebay but as yet had no response. I hope that's not a sign of their Customer Service levels.

But come on guys, one of you Tech People must know?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.

marrow said:
I've been a passenger around Bedford in a T with 4pots and from the passenger seat, they were amazing in a different league compared to standard or uprated pads! The car was partly stripped inside + had a CF bonnet. Can't remember the owner's name.
That'll be Matt.... it does stop on a 6 pence lol, certainly proves my point that 4 pots are better than uprated pads but are they worth the extra money? plus you cant run 15" wheels either...

Reaction score

Hiya guys, im looking to uprate my front breaks for fast road use.

Does anyone have experience of increased wear rates on the brembo max (grooved) vs the HC disks ? Are the max disks worth the extra money ?

Also, what pads would people recommend, seem to be between the ferodo DS2500 or the Pagid blues (one of my mates ran these on his 172cup with mintex disks and it was savage !).

And what are the ds2500's and pagid blues like for brake dust ??

Thanks guys !

/sorry for thread hijack, but if we can get as much info in as this thread as poss, can only be a good thing !

Reaction score
Trophy No.

The Pagid blues are excellent as you say and nowhere near as bad for dust as you may expect, though I do keep on top of it.

BTW can someone edit the title of this thread, every time it appears it really irks, or is it just me. :?

Reaction score

Has anyone got any experience of the ferodo ds2500's vs pagid blue, as the pagid's are almost twice the price !

Are they really worth the extra outlay ?

Reaction score

DrewBear11 said:
Has anyone got any experience of the ferodo ds2500's vs pagid blue, as the pagid's are almost twice the price !

I've had both DS2500 and Pagid RS4-2 (blues) and I prefer the pagids. But depends on your requirements tbh. Pagid copes better with heat imo.

Just checked prices, k-tec sell both of them. Ferodo seem to have gone up and Pagid has gone down in price? :lol:

DS2500: £129.25
RS4-2: £186.83

Reaction score

Title does my nut in too and i am going for the pagid blue with brembo blanks seems to be quite rated so will have a go and if there crap may well splash out on some ap four pots

Reaction score
DrewBear11 said:

My car had pagids blues on when i bought it, i now have ds2500's and i much prefer the pagids.