Reaction score
No problem Steve. I think Nik will echo my views on the bodywork/wheel maintenance required with the PFs while at the same time reflecting on the devastating stopping power they allow for!

I just wish I had the time/money to have a set of dedicated track pads and discs :( PFs for the weekend, 2500s the rest of the time :)

Over to you Nik :)

O.

Reaction score
Pagid rs42 are the best alrounder but still expensive ;-)

Reaction score
For trackdays - Pagid RS42, and castrol SRF brake fluid, standard discs

no fade lapping brands hatch indy

When switching to a new pad, its best to lightly emery the surface of the discs to new metal. Brakes work at the molecular level. Pad material is transferred to the disc, so the friction is between the pad and itself rather than pad vs steel. Its important to go through the bedding in process to get rid of the volatile compounds used in the manufacturing process and to lay down the pad material on the disc.

Stainless hoses will make little difference, if you've ever tried to cut through OEM hoses you will see why - they are all internally braded anyway.

My 2p :wink:

Reaction score
donkey said:
For trackdays - Pagid RS42, and castrol SRF brake fluid, standard discs

no fade lapping brands hatch indy

When switching to a new pad, its best to lightly emery the surface of the discs to new metal. Brakes work at the molecular level. Pad material is transferred to the disc, so the friction is between the pad and itself rather than pad vs steel. Its important to go through the bedding in process to get rid of the volatile compounds used in the manufacturing process and to lay down the pad material on the disc.

Stainless hoses will make little difference, if you've ever tried to cut through OEM hoses you will see why - they are all internally braded anyway.

My 2p :wink:

Thanks Donkey that's all the info I need for the moment. So the RS42's are OK for day-to-day use?

I promise I'll be up to Lewes soon, could you fit my new discs/pads/fluid at the same time as the suspension geometry check?

Cheers

Steve

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve - i'm going to get the same sort of thing done to min in the not too distant future.. got 274 back from the steelers on saturday to be told the rear brakes needed stripping and cleaning.... couldn't careless what they had said about them as my opinion is that they do hardly anything any way and the fronts are more important (which they didn't look at)

i'm going to be doing some indepth research into the options on the clio re brakes and combo's etc.... I'd love to be able to get carbon ceramic disks on it but not sure if thats possible, also will be looking into the calliper and possibly upgrading to a similar configuration as on the 197.

Reaction score
Rs42 fine on road, no complaints from the wife either

Steve you have PM