Yaris Gr

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That will be a parking experience going from an Abarth to the transformer. It didn’t go in my garage (plus the styling was immidaty vetoed by my little lady ?). So ended up with the Dad option when chopped in the Z4M
:ROFLMAO: Thankfully there's plenty of room to park at home, and I get the honours of driving / parking if we are going somewhere new and/or unknown! Hahahahaha! Anyway you... back in your DadWagon!

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Black. I don’t like the Toyota red - reminds me of a Prius or that nasty Mazda colour that the elderly tend to like (no offence intended to any elderly Mazda owners reading this!) And I’ve had my fill of white cars (my 981 Spyder is white). This is a rock n roll car and needs to look mean. So black for me.

Reaction score
Interestingly enough i saw my first YGR this morning. I was parked on a local driveway alongside a verde alceo Aventador SVJ.

I walked right past the Lambo to look at the Yaris, obviously i couldnt get that close as it someones driveway and didnt take any pics, I have to say its a damn cool looking little thing. I do like it :)

So it turns out the chaps driveway is actually the editor of EVO mag as I opened my subscription to find this. ?
He’s always got a nice car out there and I never thought much of it... now I know why. ??
F53EDF8C-7FE1-4854-A807-5597B5B65A1C.jpeg

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Toyota dealer said that Shmee (of Youtube over-excitement fame) had borrowed their demonstrator to make a video. I'm not sure that there's many of these cars in the hands of Joe Public as yet. Seen one at Romans near me at £5K overs.

Reaction score
Who'd have thought the Ferrari/Porsche mentality would now be seen for a little Toyota Yaris,£5k more!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Toyota dealer said that Shmee (of Youtube over-excitement fame) had borrowed their demonstrator to make a video. I'm not sure that there's many of these cars in the hands of Joe Public as yet. Seen one at Romans near me at £5K overs.
A friend of mine has got his (in red) but he's working alongside a performance company he knows that are developing performance mods for the car, hence he doesn't get much opportunity to use it! Not that he can at the moment anyway...

Reaction score
Who'd have thought the Ferrari/Porsche mentality would now be seen for a little Toyota Yaris,£5k more!!
The sales lad said exactly the same to me a few older men had bought them to put in the garage as they must be thinking next big money making racket. Hope the lot lose thousands on them and they all get bought off petrol heads.

It looks like Subaru might be borrowing the platform too so if it ends up being better than the yaris it will be interesting.

Reaction score
I guess it also shows they aren't really following what Toyota are doing.

There are a lot of rumours and some pictures of a more hardcore,track focused GR testing on the Nurburgring,the GRMN version.

That car,if its launched will be even more glittery and a must have,for those used to making money of GT3RS's and the like.

Reaction score
I was just thinking I think it would be very funny if Toyota dealers used the same tactics as those used in the more prestige makes.

Customer walks in and says I want to buy a GR Yaris.

Dealer: No problem sir,I just have to ask you a few questions first.
Have you ever bought a car from us before
C: No
D: Ok,I'm afraid in order to get on the list you
will have to buy a few cars like an
Avensis,Auris and Land Cruiser just to
prove you really are a dedicated and loyal
Toyota customer.
C: Oh ok but can I just ask...what's an
Avensis??

??

Reaction score
@SharkyUK if you end up getting one, can you please do a Yaris GR vs Trophy comparison!

Yeah the Yaris GR in Aus were very competitively priced at $40K AUD. Few people I know have bought it and are already toying with them. Just glad something like that has been built. The last homologation special was a Europe LHD only VW Polo R WRC?

The FK8 Civic Type R are great cars but I feel will age quite poorly, pretty ugly thing too in my opinion. Best Civic Type Rs would be the FD2R and earlier (I'm biased as I've come from a DC5R integra).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@SharkyUK if you end up getting one, can you please do a Yaris GR vs Trophy comparison!

Yeah the Yaris GR in Aus were very competitively priced at $40K AUD. Few people I know have bought it and are already toying with them. Just glad something like that has been built. The last homologation special was a Europe LHD only VW Polo R WRC?

The FK8 Civic Type R are great cars but I feel will age quite poorly, pretty ugly thing too in my opinion. Best Civic Type Rs would be the FD2R and earlier (I'm biased as I've come from a DC5R integra).
I can't see myself getting a GR Yaris in truth; the FK8 is incredible and offers practicality (something I don't really have with the Trophy and Porsche). My money would be on the Type-R. SMJ will provide a comparison I am sure! I daresay the GR Yaris will absolutely leave the Trophy in its dust performance-wise... but as for pure fun... maybe a lot closer?!?!?!?!

I loved the FD2R, it was just a shame they were so few in numbers here and ridiculously priced. Despite being a Type-R guy I have to confess that I just did not get on with the DC5R and it left me feeling a little underwhelmed. So much so that I passed-up buying two or three of them over the years and stayed with the breadvan (EP3R) with a few minor mods. Absolutely nothing against the DC5R though... very good cars.

Reaction score
The trophy in my eyes is a much better drivers car than the yaris in standard form. I would say if you love the feeling of a car being glued to the tarmac the yaris will win but if like me you love a car being playful then the trophy all day.

Reaction score
You often see shots of hot Clio's on three wheels with the fourth cocked in the air.
I don't think you will see too many Yaris GR's in a similar looking action shot.

Some people are comparing it to an Evo 6 but unless my memory is playing tricks,I remember
reviews of the time saying the Evo was pretty adjustable.
It was more than a very tied down grip machine, you could adjust and play with it through the corners.

Of course Evo 5 and 6's started getting a lot of advanced electronic trickery (for the time) like AYC which really helped them
perform so well.In a test with the equivalent Subaru, the Evo's usually always came out as the better drivers cars.

Reaction score
I can't see myself getting a GR Yaris in truth; the FK8 is incredible and offers practicality (something I don't really have with the Trophy and Porsche). My money would be on the Type-R. SMJ will provide a comparison I am sure! I daresay the GR Yaris will absolutely leave the Trophy in its dust performance-wise... but as for pure fun... maybe a lot closer?!?!?!?!

I loved the FD2R, it was just a shame they were so few in numbers here and ridiculously priced. Despite being a Type-R guy I have to confess that I just did not get on with the DC5R and it left me feeling a little underwhelmed. So much so that I passed-up buying two or three of them over the years and stayed with the breadvan (EP3R) with a few minor mods. Absolutely nothing against the DC5R though... very good cars.

True RE practicality with the FK8 or any Honda really. They tend to package in interior quite well along with the chassis. Agreed that the driving experience factor may be pretty close with the Yaris and Trophy, goes to show just how good the Trophy is even at low speeds.

Never got the FD2R (even as a grey import) in Aus so could only drool over them or see people build replicas haha. The DC5R was a gd car but I didn't really get on with it that well at the track (could never catch it oversteering). I drove a FN2R at the same track with anger and it was way more fun, I do regret not getting a DC2R or EP3R before prices went gangbusters though. Great drivetrain regardless.

The Evos are crazy cars, never had I felt an awd car that wanted to slide as easily as they do, yet rocket out of corners. (driven both the 6 TME and 8MR) The evos made my STi at the time ( 02 Ver. 7) just feel a bit analogue and harder to rotate (though plenty of fun once you get it to neutral steer 4 wheel slide).

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some competition on the driveway

Attachments

• A8950004-8124-4051-93DC-C4C4E5CBAF75.jpeg
    A8950004-8124-4051-93DC-C4C4E5CBAF75.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41