Yaris Gr

Reaction score
Anyone driven one?

I have to admit I’m curious but being 6ft 2. I’m bit disappointed in the seat chat and the visibility out the fron lt looks terrible.

Reaction score
Not driven one yet. but Litchfield are doing great discounts on their Nitron suspension package for them at the moment.
Enter code :MRJWW25K at the checkout. :D

Lols,

Great looking thing, genuinely interesting. Reports are they're not actually that playful on the road or track but supposed to be impressively quick across country. I love it for the sheer madness of it :)

Reaction score
lol.. is that genuine?
Harry said nice things about it. Harris podcast was funny.. how much did they actually think Lichfield was going to make on Yaris suspension..

yeah I wondering if the romance is in the concept rather than the execution.

Reaction score
Nah, im messing :D

Like you, i love the idea and romance behind the concept. But its got a bloody big bandwagon of people, especially influencers etc and often these bandwagons snowball and then leaves the poor car unable to write the cheque it needs to cash.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Having had Nitron suspension on my Exige, I have no doubt it would be good, but it's spendy and the new car is £30k plus... which puts it in some seriously strong competition. Great that it exists though!

Reaction score
One of the few cars recently that got me doing the man maths required, that not working out plan B is swapping the wife’s Abarth for one :)

Reactions: IRK
Reaction score
Yes I've driven one.

They are quick but not fun unless grip is what you call fun. Had one for a couple of hours on a rainy day on shit roads up Northumberland and even with it in sport or whatever mode that sends 70% to rear it still would barely power oversteer as it had so much grip. I think if you found a big open roundabout and rammed the handbrake on or in the snow it would be fun. As for the view I could not comment as I'm a short arse at 5' 7'' . The back seats are pretty much useless too as the access with passenger seat forward is terrible too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm still awaiting a test drive, but yet to be convinced. A few people I know (who's views I respect) have driven it and haven't been blown away. I'll reserve judgment until I've had a go myself though. One thing I do know... GR Yaris owners get pi$$y when an Abarth pulls away from them... :p?:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
I think the Fiesta st edition or civic type r would be a better drivers car for sure. The only thing with the yaris is as its a jap car aftermarket upgrades could make it alot better.

Reaction score
I think with a bit more power to the rear and a power hike it could be a really fun car but your 5 year warranty will be out the window.

Reaction score
My friend has one of those new yellow civics coming so hopefully will have a drive in that soon enough and can compare.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The FK8 Civic Type-Rs are incredible. It's an option that my missus and I are looking at when we sell the Abarth in the coming weeks. I think they are one of the best performance cars out at the moment, the only downside being that they are quite large.

Reaction score
That will be a parking experience going from an Abarth to the transformer. It didn’t go in my garage (plus the styling was immidaty vetoed by my little lady ?). So ended up with the Dad option when chopped in the Z4M

Reaction score
My friend has one of those new yellow civics coming so hopefully will have a drive in that soon enough and can compare.

Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of how the FK8 looks but there is no denying it is probably the best car for that sort of money you could buy.

Now I'm going to completely contradict myself and I think that limited edition looks great,what can I say I love yellow cars ??

It's great when a humble family hatchback can stand up to much more expensive cars.

Reaction score
Having had Nitron suspension on my Exige, I have no doubt it would be good, but it's spendy and the new car is £30k plus... which puts it in some seriously strong competition. Great that it exists though!

You have no idea how lucky you are in the UK when it only cost £33k.

Here in Ireland you will be forking out €57k for the Circuit Pack car ??

Over in Australia their initial launch price was a giveaway price of around €26k!!!

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm also in the camp of loving the idea of it. Yet to test drive, but it would have to be very special to meet expectations. It's the first new car in a while that's managed to turn my head and prompted me to check prices.

Reaction score
Interestingly enough i saw my first YGR this morning. I was parked on a local driveway alongside a verde alceo Aventador SVJ.

I walked right past the Lambo to look at the Yaris, obviously i couldnt get that close as it someones driveway and didnt take any pics, I have to say its a damn cool looking little thing. I do like it :)

Reactions: IRK
Reaction score
Yeah its special in that it's a hand built car and really isn't a Yaris. I just wished they had gave it a more exciting driving experience. I think with a few mods it will be great though.

Reaction score
Shit the bed.. 57,000 euros!!

Yeah and €600/year for road tax.

There are a lot of petrol heads in Ireland,but it is seriously expensive to have anything nice.
Hence all the diesel cars...

Hopefully the price comes down enough in the next few years so ig might just be possible to own one ?