Write off value? Sad times.

Reaction score
Ok, damage to two quarters and a wheel dink means they're declaring my baby BER as OEM parts no longer available. 115k, FSH, one owner from new, bonnet scratches and car park dink, plus a worn gearknob and loose gaiter. New clutch, waterpump, dephaser, battery and cam belt in last couple of months. Does £5.5-6k seem an unreasonable write off value for me to ask for given its going to be Cat N (old cat D) Want to keep the old girl of course, but don't want a cheeky settlement, as cat S will increase insurance costs over next x years.

Annoying as third party bits were used for a similar hit while parked claim a while back, but there is a liability nervousness now.

Related, has anyone got a cat D/cat S Trophy and how much has it affected premiums?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Taking the previous cat D status out of the equation, I'd say push for closer to £7k with the present prices starting to climb. I thought price to replace was more important in the equation, so this could be a min...

Reaction score
Going back a couple of years, when I pranged mine, the battle I had was getting them to understand its a Trophy, not just a 182, afert them coming back with £1500.... But I got lucky at the time as there was only 3 trophys on ebay for sale, top one was 11k and lower was 8k, so got such a good price for mine, they agreed to repair it at a cost of £4.5k, and my hire car for 6 weeks

Reaction score
if you get offered anywhere near £5k snatch their hand off for a 100k mile car. I don’t think it’s about what you ask for it but what you get offered and negotiate from there. I’m reckoning on them bidding you £2k

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Good thing about green light is they have agree'd value and they know exactly what a Trophy is.

They dont class it as a 1*2 like most insurance companies do.

Reaction score
Weren’t Greenlight no longer taking on Trophy agreed value policies? Or did I misread that somewhere?

Reaction score
Weren’t Greenlight no longer taking on Trophy agreed value policies? Or did I misread that somewhere?

only for existing customers. Is OP with Greenlight, it will be interesting to see how it pans out either way.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score

only for existing customers. Is OP with Greenlight, it will be interesting to see how it pans out either way.

As its been said above by @Ashtons99 its only with old existing customers they have agreed to carry on the valuation of cars.
I have now been with Green light 9 / 10 years and always had my car insured straight through so the agreed value stays.

I was told that if I cancelled the policy and restarted 10 days or 2 days later I would not get the agreed value as it would be a new policy.

Reaction score
Quick update, although Aviva admit they made a bollocks of the claim initially (I've got a compensation offer under review) the dude at the repairers and the outsourced "engineering" company have priced repair and have made a fair payment in lieu offer, which should enable me to get the work done at an indy, but without having a Cat N applied. 265 stays on the road (fingers crossed!)

Was pleasantly surprised, as last in lieu I was offered many years ago (pre Trophy days) was laughable, whereas this seems a genuine figure. Chap at Vizion who was the actual assessor, call centre staff not so great) was cracking. Will be finding out how I send him a thumbs up to his boss.

Reaction score
I think the laws changed for insurance companies, so they have to give you fair market value now, where as before it was OK to proper screw people