Wow! Trophy 342 for sale.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can't see anyone who can afford to sit on that for a few years losing money on it. Only gonna go one way.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's a strange one this for me on a number of levels.

I think if I was looking to reap the best price on such a low mileage example, I'd have it up on the 'Collecting Cars' site at the moment rather than eBay. CC seems to be the best place currently to get certain metal in front of a collector focussed customer demographic, which is ultimately where this example wants to be.

It's sadly doubtful that anyone's going to buy this to actually use. With such low miles, let's face it, it's destined to be an 'investment piece', which for a car so focussed on the enjoyment of driving strikes me personally as a bit of a shame. But I acknowledge that it takes all sorts, and if keeping a Clio tucked away under a dust sheet forever is how you get your kicks then I'm not one to argue.

I also think the seller would do better to write a fresh - up to date ad, not one copy and pasted from a previous no-sale a couple of years ago, take some half decent pictures and certainly not have the number of mileage discrepancies present which others have pointed out elsewhere. Not to mention getting the curbing on the alloy pictured re-furbished and a new n/s rear exhaust hanger fitted. For low miles, top dollar, it needs to be near as perfect as possible, that's what collectors generally want. It'll be an interesting one to watch, for sure.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
It's a strange one this for me on a number of levels.

I think if I was looking to reap the best price on such a low mileage example, I'd have it up on the 'Collecting Cars' site at the moment rather than eBay. CC seems to be the best place currently to get certain metal in front of a collector focussed customer demographic, which is ultimately where this example wants to be.

It's sadly doubtful that anyone's going to buy this to actually use. With such low miles, let's face it, it's destined to be an 'investment piece', which for a car so focussed on the enjoyment of driving strikes me personally as a bit of a shame. But I acknowledge that it takes all sorts, and if keeping a Clio tucked away under a dust sheet forever is how you get your kicks then I'm not one to argue.

I also think the seller would do better to write a fresh - up to date ad, not one copy and pasted from a previous no-sale a couple of years ago, take some half decent pictures and certainly not have the number of mileage discrepancies present which others have pointed out elsewhere. Not to mention getting the curbing on the alloy pictured re-furbished and a new n/s rear exhaust hanger fitted. For low miles, top dollar, it needs to be near as perfect as possible, that's what collectors generally want. It'll be an interesting one to watch, for sure.

This is exactly what I was trying to put across and must say you have put it far better than I did.

If you are wanting £18k for a 3 door Clio it has to be perfect in every way possible including adverts and pictures.