Who is Tucked up for Winter vs running daily?!

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Kind of tucked up!

Will be venturing up to the body shop on Saturday to get the sill repairs priced up as well as finding a correct Renault Sport badge for the boot as it’s been removed.

Then off to Diamond Motors to pull together a plan of work to get it back to a very good standard. Need to source a wheel arch liner if possible for that initial trip as one is missing.

Out of interest for those storing their trophies do any of you keep them in/on;

- Carcoons
- Tyre cushions

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ve just had a new Genuine Renault badge turn up today - bought it from Ebay for £15.95 as the packaging was opened - Bargain

Clio badge I’ve bought new for £36.50 again from Ebay for a genuine one.

However the only place I can find the Sport badge from is Kam Racing (£64.33 plus delivery)

2ABB760A-1863-4158-8495-BC1385E3300A.jpeg

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Perfect thankyou for that Nick, will speak with Sam at Larklands and give him the link.

Turns out he’s a massive fan of the Trophy 182 so looking forward to seeing it worked on.

Can highly recommend them if anyone needs a body shop, they do modern, classics, aluminium repairs, all paints. Think they have a Facebook page as well.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Turns out it’s tucked up and leaking oil! Moved it up to the body shop and back and noticed a decent sized pool of oil, think it’ll sit on the naughty step until the 10th of Feb when I see Mick!

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Turns out it’s tucked up and leaking oil! Moved it up to the body shop and back and noticed a decent sized pool of oil, think it’ll sit on the naughty step until the 10th of Feb when I see Mick!
Are you sure it's oil? The favoured liquid of expulsion on my Trophy is PAS fluid, has a habit of chucking it out, particularly after a session of spirited driving.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The tyres take the paint up off the floor if parked in the same spot for a period. Im not arsed about the paint coming off the floor but it takes a while to wear off the tread. Decent paint and prepped well too cant win.

I have exactly the same issue, especially when putting the Porker in there having returned from a spirited drive with warm Cup2 tyres. If I forget to put wood/tiles down I then end up pulling the paint and having to scrub the tyres a bit to remove the cr4p from the tread!

Slow progress

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I had my garage floor done with a fiber resin mix and that’s help up quite well so far.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Daily driving, just about to hit 103,000 miles. That makes for 5k in four months since purchase

However, given the state of our potholed roads these days, I am giving serious thought to purchasing a practical small estate on small alloys with plenty of sidewall. Volvo V50 currently tops the list